PDA

View Full Version : Overly Aggresive Jewel.

PETC
10-20-2008, 04:24 AM
I bought two firemouths, two jewels, and already had a high-finned pleco and 8 zebra danios. For a while things were fine, and then danios started getting eaten, so I gave the survivors to my girlfriend.

Then the smallest firemouth started to show nip marks on its tail. It was getting better, and I thought maybe they'd found a way to co-exist, but today I found nip marks on my pleco as well.

The smallest jewel is the aggressor in the situation, and today their colors were INCREDIBLY vibrant, so I think maybe they decided to have sexy time with each other and that's why they were so aggressive, but regardless I've removed the smallest jewel temporarily and am trying to find a home for him using craigslist. If I can't do that any other options? I don't want to euthanize the fish.

I was thinking possibly tank dividers, but I like the idea of everyone having the entire tank to swim and interact with each other.

Tank info in sig. Thanks guys.

Northernguy
10-20-2008, 05:25 AM
It sounds like you need MTS Syndrome. :19: Not too seriously,just get yourself another tank to house the jewels!
Is there any on craigslist?

Good luck!!:c3:

PETC
10-20-2008, 05:58 AM
Unfortunatly multiple tanks is not an option right now as this tank is about as much as my two bedroom apartment can take, plus I've got two female jouvenile rats in a terrarium in my room, so it's kind of full.

I've been thinking about getting a small hospital tank, but nothing too substantial, just something for emergencies. Things seem to have calmed down in the tank since the removal of the smaller jewel. Everyone is keeping to themselves and staying in their side of the tank.

I'm sure skirmishes will happen but they won't be as bad now. I just gotta find a place for this jewel.

Northernguy
10-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Sorry No MTS than!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:11:

Will your lfs give you a credit for it.