PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Goldfish?

necromancer
10-20-2008, 12:49 AM
Where can i buy good quality oranda goldfish online??? i looked into petsmarts and petco, they didnt have anything good that i want... all looked as if their brain thing will never grow...
where can i buy them online?

xximanoobxx
10-20-2008, 01:26 AM
maybe http://liveaquaria.com or http://aquabid.com

MrJim
10-20-2008, 01:53 AM
Does buying fish online work out pretty well?

xximanoobxx
10-20-2008, 02:00 AM
It does but shipping is like so much more than what the fish is worth...
seriously..
But if you get a DOA, just take a picture of the fish(inside the sealed bag of course) and they'll replace it free of charge...

MrJim
10-20-2008, 02:05 AM
It does but shipping is like so much more than what the fish is worth...
seriously..
But if you get a DOA, just take a picture of the fish(inside the sealed bag of course) and they'll replace it free of charge...

Interesting...the education continues. Guess it's overnighted super-express? They have special oxygen or something in the bag?]

As for the cost~well, it's amazing the amount of money and time and effort we'll spend trying to house, feed, care & heal a $0.99 fish but that's love, right?

xximanoobxx
10-20-2008, 02:33 AM
Yes, overnight... They use breather bags that lets in O2 and lets out bad air out..
I think they fast their fish so they wouldnt poop a lot because of ammonia...
I would only buy fish online if they dont have it in my area which has everything..
Shipping is like 30 bux+ some cheaper, some more expensive...

Fishguy2727
10-20-2008, 02:14 PM
I have never bought online, I am way too picky about exactly how my goldfish look to buy ones I have not seen in person. Most online are high-end and very sensitive. They may be fine there but if you don't keep up the water change schedule and specialized foods you could have issues.

I would just keep looking for more LFSs.

If you buy online ask about the water change schedule, diet, and make sure you get pics of the exact individual you are buying.