Sin
01-14-2007, 02:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ltmk6oHXg8&mode=related&search=

Drumachine09
01-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Is arowana breeding very rare?

Sin
01-14-2007, 02:38 PM
drumachine , it is rather hard to breed them due to the fact that they need alot of space and most people just dont have atleast a thousand gallons thats needed ....and i have heard of people who had a pond full of them and yet none of them produced or paired off...that video is truly awsome...soo there is hope

Drumachine09
01-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Thats a cool link, thanks for sharing!

Sin
01-14-2007, 03:42 PM
dude/// you seen the other video of the male arro holding the babies in his mouth? now that is awesome!

Drumachine09
01-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Truly amazing! Good work!

Lady Hobbs
01-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Excellent video and thanks for sharing. Did he eat all those eggs or do their mouth brood?

Drumachine09
01-14-2007, 05:54 PM
I thought that they were mouth brooders.

Sin
01-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Excellent video and thanks for sharing. Did he eat all those eggs or do their mouth brood?
hii Hobbs , these fish are Mouthbrooders and the father takes care of them and incubates the eggs ..he will protect them very fiercly and they make great parents...people need to realize if they see them at petshops with their eggsack still attached to them they are wayy too young to be away from the father and most likley they had to steal the babys away from the parents for them to be sold. ..that isnt right at all and people should not support this practice...now would a legit fish store carry out this practice , if someone sees them sold in this manner they need to make a complaint to the manager or owner! , they are awsome fish and when looked upon from the top of the tank they resemble a dragon as they move around , hence the name dragon fish

jman
01-14-2007, 10:25 PM
hii Hobbs , these fish are Mouthbrooders and the father takes care of them and incubates the eggs ..he will protect them very fiercly and they make great parents...people need to realize if they see them at petshops with their eggsack still attached to them they are wayy too young to be away from the father and most likley they had to steal the babys away from the parents for them to be sold. ..that isnt right at all and people should not support this practice...now would a legit fish store carry out this practice , if someone sees them sold in this manner they need to make a complaint to the manager or owner! , they are awsome fish and when looked upon from the top of the tank they resemble a dragon as they move around , hence the name dragon fish

wow that makes me feel more comfortable about when i got mine without the sack. the dumb workers at another store was not smart at all. he said that the sacks had babies in them. Of course i looked at him stupid because he refused to understand my knowledge and only wanted me to hear his--not knowing how hard and what it takes for him to get that fish in his store.

i really love this video what size pond would it take to have a 1000 gallons?