PDA

View Full Version : Problems!!!!

AquaQueen
01-14-2007, 12:23 AM
Ok for the past week I have been having a hard time viewing alot of stuff on this site it is getting to the point of frustration so I figured I should probably ask first of all is there anyone else having this problem? and secondly what can I do to fix it?? Now the thing is when I get to the site I usually go to the forum or check the new posts and when I do this either the page "has errors" or I am getting this message (Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server.Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.aquaticcommunity.com Port 80)

Does anyone have a clue why this keeps happening to me?? :confused: PLZZZ HELP!!!:confused:

Drumachine09
01-14-2007, 12:30 AM
That sometimes happens to me too. I dont know why though. I just use a different link when it says that though.

Fishguy2727
01-14-2007, 12:43 AM
When I get that message I just refresh the page, sometimes it takes a few times but it usually works.

AquaQueen
01-14-2007, 01:33 AM
Ok I have tried the refreshing and it works the first few times then it stays on the forbidden page until I close the window and reopen it...It just did it when I was sending this reply..Grrr...I thought it was my pc but it only does it on AC no other sites....Hmmm...I dunno

kimmers318
01-14-2007, 01:52 AM
Thankfully I haven't encountered any of those problems yet. Maybe William will be able to shed some light on it soon.

kufan
01-14-2007, 03:13 AM
Sounds like you might be having some sort of connection problems with your internet. It sounds like your connection is dropping while it is processing the page.

KU

AquaQueen
01-14-2007, 04:01 AM
Sounds like you might be having some sort of connection problems with your internet. It sounds like your connection is dropping while it is processing the page.

KU

No I dont think so first reason I know it's not that is that it only happens on AC no other sites and I visit a few regularly. Second reason is that I have high speed internet and I have not had one problem with it's connection and I have had it a long time now. Also if it was something like that why would other people have the same thing happening to them if it is my internet Connection..ya see what I'm saying. But thank you for your thoughts..I reall wish that was the problem I could call and have it fixed right away...lol

Drumachine09
01-14-2007, 04:19 AM
Hmmmm Thats weird. Probobly a glitch in the server.

Lady Hobbs
01-14-2007, 07:07 AM
Bonnie, do you ever clear your cache out? Tools, internet options, then delete files? Sometimes that needs to be cleaned out now and then.

The absolute best program I have ever purchased is Windows Registry Cleaner. Every time you edit a picture or download music and then delete it, those old files still remain and this program really gets rid of all that old stuff. I ran it on my daughters computer and she had 2250 errors! Yes, you read that right! Cleaned up every one of them. With all my editing of pictures here, I have to use it every few days and always have lots of files this program gets rid of.

There were some problems here last week with the site but those have corrected itself.

William
01-14-2007, 04:03 PM
The problem you described are caused by security settings on the server combined with the internet connection of the visitor. I myself get it sometimes when I try to open many pages at once in different windows. Or if you move on to a new page to fast. It is to prevent flooding. Waiting a few seconds and than refreshing almost always works.

I will however look into relaxing the security settings a little bit.

Drumachine09
01-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Thankyou william!

William
01-14-2007, 05:54 PM
The server has been reconfigured to prevent this problem so they should hopefully be a thing of the past or at the very least much less common. Please let me know if any of you still are experiencing this problem. Preferable via pm.

Drumachine09
01-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Will do captain!thumbs2: