PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't you love this?

Abbeys_Mom
01-13-2007, 06:26 PM
Habitrail for fish!
http://knuttz.net/hosted_pages/Home-Aquarium-20061031

jman
01-13-2007, 06:30 PM
OW MY GOD I sware i was dreaming to do that to my house I can't belive it was done O MY GOD i am inspired guys and i am pretty sure you know what tha means...

mine is got to be better and bigger i can't belive it is done wow!

Abbeys_Mom
01-13-2007, 06:34 PM
The one problem I could see is emptying the water from the tube, it would have to go into one of the aquariums.

jman
01-13-2007, 06:38 PM
or since i am using my mind right now you can connect a tube to an existing hole in the fish tube and drain it . or have two holes one for input and one for out put. the problem i see with these ones is that the fish end up swimming directly up and that may not be the best if one day one is fighting another. always slanted would be best. how do they get the water to run from outta the aquarium into the tube without the water going anywhere else?

blue fin
01-13-2007, 06:48 PM
That's f....... awesome.... jman. .the only think I can think of is both ends would have to be able to be sealed at the ends so they could fill it then it would have to be immersed in water before they opened the ends, otherwise it would pour into the tanks and empty the tube.

jman
01-13-2007, 07:02 PM
i also was thinking about that and i was thinking to just detach the tubes from the tank but have shutters on the ends so that the water didn't back flow into the tanks also all water would travel into the direction of tube that you are using to suffer the water away.about a foot wide and mines would be 2 feet tall otherwise fish would be jammed that i keep and there would have to be huge resting areas for the smaller fish to hide in.

Lady Hobbs
01-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Cleaning sure would be fun. LOL

blue fin
01-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Really the possibilities are endless, you could build a trial piece out of cardboard to figure out how to get it arranged, even setting up wider areas for your suggestion of a place for the fish to rest but I don't know if they need to rest, can't they change their position in the level of the water by adjusting their bladder? I do think it's a good idea because you could put in different levels, but I can guess cleaning would be a nightmare.... you'd have to have fish to clean the sides....

jman
01-13-2007, 07:24 PM
this would be perfect for those non-stop breeding snails LOL

also for those rest areas like a 150 gallon you could use it as a centerpiece and put space so that if there is going to be mating or you just got that arowana that might not want to travel in the same tube as a big headed green terror. i just would make sure that way you have something you know as a center and starting point and a place to wlcome new fish so-on-and -so-forth

blue fin
01-13-2007, 09:44 PM
It would sure be different.....

Glasstapper
01-13-2007, 10:42 PM
How would you regulate the temperature in that thing? It is cool, though.

Incredulous_Ed
01-13-2007, 11:27 PM
I wonder how much that cost. it is so COOL. I want one

jman
01-14-2007, 10:08 PM
you can regulate the temperature by providing a heater next to a area that is not the same as the rest it does not necessarily have to be in the water.

crackatinny
01-15-2007, 01:36 AM
May be wrong here, but wouldn't the whole system, (tanks and all) have to be sealed to keep the water in the tunnels?

blue fin
01-15-2007, 02:25 AM
May be wrong here, but wouldn't the whole system, (tanks and all) have to be sealed to keep the water in the tunnels?

Not really, as long as the entire upper unit is has no place for air to get in and both ends are opened under water physics will hold the water in. The big problem is the bottoms would have to have doors that seal and a fill cap at the top to fill it with water, then the caps on top would need to be sealed and the bottom doors opened while inside the two other tanks.

jman
01-15-2007, 02:47 AM
great solution yeah i was thinking the same way...

i am really about this, time to save up some cash. I am going to call a provider who builds tanks so i can get some supplies and also have someone to communicate with.

Severus
01-15-2007, 06:30 AM
Wow... That is impressive.

blue fin
01-16-2007, 02:45 AM
I think the best way to regulate temp would be to have the room temp close to desired , have a connecting " highway " between tanks, and run 3 heaters in one tank circulating the water throughout in one great big circle which I think might be necessary anyhow for water conditions.

boston
01-18-2007, 03:34 AM
it would be very cool but hard to maintain and very expensive.

AquaQueen
01-18-2007, 04:00 AM
WOW...What a tank setup that is I love seeing stuff like that thanks for sharing Abbey's_Mom I want to get the coffee table tank I wish my kids were a lil older so I could I think they are strait up awsome my dad's boss had one that was made out of a bubble gum machine...Soooo Cool...

minabird
01-18-2007, 07:47 PM
I've got a 40gal tank that I'm thinking about using as a coffee table tank. I just need to get the glass tabletop/canopy and stand for it made.