PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Black Ghost Knife Fish

Full3R
01-08-2006, 01:05 PM
hey dudes
could anyone give me any info on breeding Black Ghosts, my hole family enjoys them so i was thinkin bout seting a large tank up just for them to breed in but i wanted to see what i would need and to see if i can suit the requirments

William
01-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Well you tell us how you did it if succed. Black ghost knife fish is very hard to breed and hasn't been breed natural in aquarium. The only by me known breeding took place in a public aquarium after injecting the fish with hormones to get them in breeding condition.

Full3R
01-09-2006, 12:47 AM
Well i dont plan to inject nothing into my fish, that would be mean, i might just set up a large aquarium with losts of floating plants, losts of plants along the bottom of the tank and losts and losts off hiding places with about 3 or 4 Black Ghosts (bound to get a male and female out of thoses four)
;)

William
01-09-2006, 02:49 AM
Well you'll get a nice aquarium regardless od wether you breed them or not. ;-)

Full3R
01-09-2006, 02:57 AM
Yeah as long as i have the Ghosts im happy.

The guy who i purchsed the Ghost off has to sheds in his backyard, one which has the fish for sale, and a 2nd one for breeding his fish, and he breeds all his fish so ill ask him how he got his Ghosts to breed and when i do ill post it for all to read

catch ya later