PDA

View Full Version : cory behaviour

kes
01-13-2007, 02:50 PM
I have three corydoras, one peppered, one bronze and one albino.

My Peppered and my bronze have grown really well but my albino is still the same size as when I bought her. I spoke to my LFS and they said that she could be 'stunted'. They said all albinos are derived from the peppered cats and that sometimes they can have stunted growth and never grow any bigger. She seems healthy otherwise..has anyone else had experience of this?

Also.. sometimes my corys can lie SO still that they start worrying me that they've pegged it! They just lie there and have (I know this sounds silly) a really gormless look on their faces, like they're dreaming about something. I can be hoovering the gravel and I actually give them a very gentle nudge and they snap out of it and go about their business, waffling around again. Is this normal?

Nautilus291
01-13-2007, 05:24 PM
One of my corys did that but I think it was becuase he was stressed out, my other one always seems to be moving, so maybe your corys are stressed out about something.

I have one albino cory and he is really small. Ive only had him for a couple of months but he is probibly only around a half an inch long, so maybe he has the same thing your cory has.

jman
01-13-2007, 05:29 PM
i think you should watch it something could be going on next time just wait for him to move on it's own.

kes
01-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Oh he does move on his own.. most of the time he's wandering around snuffling about. It's just on occasion I catch him still as stone, looking off into the distance. As soon as I put food in though he soon comes to life!

jman
01-13-2007, 05:59 PM
oh -- my fish do that like my banded jewel and my catfish i don't think it is a problem it's like fish daydream they've been fine and for i don't know how long.

kes
01-13-2007, 06:02 PM
cool!:ezpi_wink1: (lol! I just got told off that my post was too short so I had to add a wink...)

jman
01-13-2007, 06:09 PM
hmmm! lol sometimes i post stuff w/ only one word answers and iv'e gotta do the samething.

blue fin
01-13-2007, 07:07 PM
What kind of fish is that in your avatar? I would love to have a pretty fish like that in my tank if it would work with the community I have going.

jman
01-13-2007, 07:17 PM
mine is an arowana hers is a ram you can fined info. on both just type it in -in google.

jman
01-13-2007, 07:18 PM
gcnadam29--has a kribensis, forgot about that.

kes
01-13-2007, 08:21 PM
The Ram in my pic is a Butterfly Ram.. I think they're the Venezuelan type (I just know I spelt that wrong!) which are a bit more specific.. they like soft water. My own Rams are Bolivian which aren't half as pretty (they're like a watered down version, bless them) but a lot easier to keep!

blue fin
01-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Cool thanks! I'd like some color like that in my tank

Glasstapper
01-13-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm looking at my albinos and they're doing exactly the same thing. Just hanging out. They've been there for about 15 minutes, I guess. They are the most active fish in my tank (tiger barbs come in second), and all that exertion calls for a rest.

Oh look! One just took off like a lightning bolt! I think they just rest once in a while. As for growth, I can't help there. I've only had mine for a month, and they're still an inch long.

kes
01-14-2007, 01:02 AM
I've just found my peppered corys favourite food...Frozen blood worm!

He's just hoovered up a huge lump like he was eating spaghetti bolognese!! :18:

blue fin
01-14-2007, 02:19 AM
I have an albino cory, he's only about 3/4 inch long , doesn't eat alot but is perfectly healthy and seems happy. We call him Possum because he will sit stone still at times.