PDA

View Full Version : What happened?!?!?!?

flame_angel11
01-12-2007, 09:49 PM
woke up this morning and I found my Flame Angel dead
I don't know what happened.

It was perfectly fine yesterday, swimming around, eating, grazing on the algae, ect ect.

The only thing that I can think of, is yesterday I bought an iodine supplement for my coral and put the first dosege in, would this have done it? It is a 'red sea' supplement by the way.

The other fish (1 dusky wrasse, and 2 ocellaris clownfish) seem fine.
The corals are mostly softies.

I will have some test results up shortly.

Thankyou.

jeffs99dime
01-12-2007, 11:54 PM
woke up this morning and I found my Flame Angel dead
I don't know what happened.

It was perfectly fine yesterday, swimming around, eating, grazing on the algae, ect ect.

The only thing that I can think of, is yesterday I bought an iodine supplement for my coral and put the first dosege in, would this have done it? It is a 'red sea' supplement by the way.

The other fish (1 dusky wrasse, and 2 ocellaris clownfish) seem fine.
The corals are mostly softies.

I will have some test results up shortly.

Thankyou.
i'm not in any way a saltwater person but if someone is to answer your question, you may want to inclue water parameters. welcome to a.c. too!

Lady Hobbs
01-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Sorry you lost your angelfish. I also am not into saltwater fish but if you added something to your tank and lost a fish that was healthy within hours, you can about guess what was added did this.

cocoa_pleco
01-27-2007, 04:00 AM
i actually used to have saltwater. maybe the fish was sensitive to that particular chemical added??? i never had somethin like that happen to me before

Lady Hobbs
01-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Assuming that we can't use table salt as it contains iodine but then add iodine.

cocoa_pleco
01-27-2007, 09:13 PM
weird why your fish died.