PDA

View Full Version : I know I need to get a grip... :'(

Kayla-Bug
10-11-2008, 07:01 AM
I tried saving one of my Bettas from an unknown parasite that he had (might I add no one I have talked to knew what it was, even breeders didn't know...) so I was trying to save him. His tummy was swollen from the parasite. I did everything that I was advised to do. He still hadn't got any better. Recently I noticed he had some fuzzy looking stuff on his tummy. I tried feeding him earlier and he wouldn't eat. I knew his time was up and I had failed... I tried giving him 1 more salt bath to see if it would help, but he started acting worse so I decided it was time to end it for him. RIP little buddy, I will miss you. I know I need to get a grip on this kind of thing because it will always happen, but it saddens me every time. When I was putting him down I put my hand in his tank and he got in my hands and sat there for a moment. :'( As if to tell me bye. I even got to hand feed this one Betta. I will really miss him. Bye buddy.

that 1 guy
10-11-2008, 07:32 AM
was it ur super delta tail betta that u were planing 2 breed??

Dusty Roots
10-11-2008, 07:36 AM
Awe!!! I feel for yah. R.I.P. little guy. In anycase, losing a pet, be it dog, cat, fish, or lamma, is a hard task saying goodbye. They are part of your family. It is best for you to remember how good a life you gave him, and how much he appreciates you doing your best into saving him. I'm sure hes gone to fishy heaven, where the bloodworms are endless, and the water infinite :)

Kayla-Bug
10-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Yea, I'm sure he feels a lot better now that he doesn't have to battle an unknown disease.

And no, he wasn't the one that I planned on breeding. This one was a VT male. The one I plan on breeding is fine and healthy for now and hope he doesn't develop this...

Sharon
10-11-2008, 11:08 AM
So sorry, Kayla:scry: ...I too get attached to my Bettas.

angelcakes
10-11-2008, 11:12 AM
sorry for your loss:ssad:

Holyvision
10-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Sorry, every loss always hurts -- the harder we try to save them the more attached we really get. :11:

Gayle
10-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Awe. I am so sorry for your loss.

Northernguy
10-11-2008, 02:05 PM
It was a valient effort on your part to try and save your little friend.I do understand how you feel and I feel for you:11: Unfortunatly its all part of life and owning pets.Its a sad time but I'm sure you know that the pet you just lost does forgive you and did not even think of holding what you did against you.
I am sure you will be able to train your next Beta to eat out of your hand again.Its a great way to bond with a new pet!:19:

s72450
10-11-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, people really don't understand that it does hurt when one of your little fishy friends pass on. I've been there, it's not fun.

Try and think about the good life you gave him lik it was mentioned above.

Red
10-11-2008, 05:34 PM
that sucks kayla I am sorry...

Kayla-Bug
10-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Thanks everyone. And maybe I can get another one to eat out of my hand... :) I have a really cute pic of him from when I first got him. When I first got him he was so bored.... The LPS that had him had him in his own 10 gallon tank with no other fishies (this store puts some Bettas in community tanks to try and make them get along and it works!) . The man didn't think he was going to live because he acted funny; always sat at the bottom of the tank and didn't swim much. I had to have him so I got him and brought him home. I figured out what was wrong with the guy.... he wanted someone to flare at! As soon as I put another fish next to him he started acting really excited and normal. And ever since he had a buddy next to his tank he had been fine. The pic I have is where he used to LAY (like he is sitting in a chair) at the bottom of the tank.... I thought he was just lazy, LOL!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa110/kaylanblake/th_SteelMaleVid.jpg (http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa110/kaylanblake/?action=view&current=SteelMaleVid.flv)

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa110/kaylanblake/sittingup.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa110/kaylanblake/steelbetta.jpg

Cute, huh? LOL