PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Pleco

dixipixi32
10-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Got to give a little background first...ok last year a good friend of mine was killed on his Harley ....horrible yes I miss him dearly...ok, now he had a little 10gallon tank with an African Dwarf frog in it..loved his frog (used to have me go and feed it for him if he went out of town etc.) so after his death his girlfriend (carying his child no less) knew nothing about aquariums fish or frogs etc. asked for me to please take the frog...of course I agree. blah blah blah...of course in the meantime I am moving back to Atlanta in like a week..so is frog. Well to my suprise as I am taking water and decor out of this little tank what do I find (scared the crap out of me) put a bristle nose pleco..I have know idea how long he had lived in there, and neither did anyone else..Mike never mentioned him!!!!! needless to say he is doing well after the 2 big moves and now residing in a 20 gallon setup...no worse for wear either..long story but I had to share.:1luvu:

ladyoutlaw50
10-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Nice story!! thanks for sharing!! Love the little BNs they are so cute!!

Northernguy
10-10-2008, 02:40 PM
They are cute, when you know they are there.:hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry to hear about your buddy,thats aweful!:c2:

Great to hear that your frog and bn are doing well in a larger home:19:

BigMac
10-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend..

Good to hear about your find!

Sharon
10-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Awwww....he's the strong silent type! So sorry about your friend. I'm sure he'd be pleased that his fish and frog are being well cared for...:11:

dixipixi32
10-11-2008, 12:30 PM
oh yes i know he is glad i took the little guys! I am sure I was a sight moving from Valdosta Ga to Marietta Ga above atl....driving a ford f350 dually pulling my gooseneck horse trailer with all my furniture in it..plus 1 chee wa wa...and 1 bassett hound...1 frog and a pleco in a bucket!!!!!!it was interesting...but we all made it LOL:hmm3grin2orange:

Northernguy
10-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Sounds like fun!Are you putting anything else in the tank with your new found friends?