PDA

View Full Version : 2!! New Additions

Dusty Roots
10-10-2008, 07:48 AM
:19: Tonight My girlfriend and I made a trip to our LFS, of course not planning to buy anything at all.Though low and behold, here they had ordered TONS of new Betta. With there being a large number of Crowntails (my new fish love) I just had to have one. So we ran to Wallyworld, I grabbed a new 5 gallon tank, ran back to said LFS and then broke down and bought two Betta.

I picked a steal blue betta, and my girlfriend picked a cream/red ?tail. She has named the cream/red Skittles. I have not yet named the Steal/blue so I need some suggestions. The Bluey Black is Stuka the 1st Betta

Steel/Blue (noname)

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/Thewaaagh/DSC00517.jpg

Skittles

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/Thewaaagh/DSC00523.jpg

Stuka

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/Thewaaagh/DSC00527.jpg

Please give me some suggestions for the Steel/ Blues name

Thanks for looking. :)

Demi ^_^
10-10-2008, 09:11 AM
What about... Steel? Steel, Skittles and Stuka ^_^

Beautiful bettas!

s72450
10-10-2008, 10:25 AM
They look beautiful!

How about Azul? I like using color names, perhaps you could just call him Blu. :)

Gayle
10-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Wow they are so pretty!! Skittles is great!! How about naming him after a Roman emperor.............like Titus?

Holyvision
10-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Wow, anyone know the breed of "skittles"? That almost looks like an albino of some type, very attractive!

that 1 guy
10-10-2008, 03:30 PM
skittles looks like a delta tail

BettaSei
10-10-2008, 05:04 PM
I like Titus... And Steel... actually, I like Steel more....

Dusty Roots
10-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Azul sounds great! All exotic and the like, steel could work, cant say I'm crazy about it. Heading along with Stuka's WW2 planes theme, I thought of Junker, haha. Stuka and Junker, has a nice ring to it. Still undecided.

Skittles, is a delta tail? Cool. Hey I was wondering, if I could have a blind in one eye fish. As I did my pre buy fishy check (eyes fully black, fins untorn, poopies in the cup, sleak bowels) I did notice his one eye is black in the middle with a blue ring. You can actually see it in the picture, his other eye is completely black. I passed him for purchase, my girlfriend was too excited for me to say no. Of course I could be overreacting but he sure wasnt interested in food this morning. I wiggled and dabbed my finger to get his attention right in front of his face to come get the pellets, he didnt budge, then I wiggled my finger an inch in front of his face, nothing, closer yet almost touching, he freaks, as if finally seeing me, and heads to his cave.

Then again....Mr Junker/Steel/Azul/Titus.... Just ingnored me completely showing off/flaring around the tank. That ones got alot of anger, he does :P

Could it be that both of their tanks are unheated and they are just not hungry today. Too cold, Listless...? Maybe we should purchase anouther new 5 gallon for skittles, and then heaters on top of that? Anyway to make the food more tantalising?

Anyhow thanks so far for all the help. Having a community forum with all this vast knolledge is so comforting. I need answers I just come here... Awwwww GIMME A BIG HUG hahaha

Sharon
10-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Hug given...did ya feel it?:wink2: I think the heaters would be a good idea. Bettas like their temp. around 80 degrees and stable. You mentioned buying Skittles his own tank...please tell me you haven't put them both in the same tank. Fish can be blind in one eye, or even both eyes. Lovely fish, BTW!!!!

Gayle
10-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Hugs!! LOL Yes heaters are good! around 75 degrees or less Betta get listless. Also keep in mind that it make take some time for your new finned friends to adjust, and be "normal". Moving can stress them. As for being blind in one eye, I am sure that they can be. Maybe he was just being stubborn too. LOL

Northernguy
10-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Those are great betas.
I haven't come with any decent names yet !Some good ones there though.:c3:
If you have 2 of them in one tank, they won't be beautiful for long.At least I have never seen two get along!:c2:

Kayla-Bug
10-11-2008, 02:06 AM
Wow, anyone know the breed of "skittles"? That almost looks like an albino of some type, very attractive!Skittles looks like a translucent butterfly delta.

troy
10-11-2008, 04:19 AM
How about Spike.

Dusty Roots
10-11-2008, 07:20 AM
EEE hugs taken :) NOw howwa bout a cookie?....no seriously...Im hungeee!!

Allright then, I have a Question. What happens to new fish addicts when the go to the LFS for just one fish accessory? You buy MORE ahaha.

First to answer a couple of questions. Last night when we bought Skittles, and Junker (official name :19: ) I bought a 5 gallon plastic crab tank, to convert it to fishy tank for Junker and Skittles was put into a 1/2 gallon Hospital tank.

As far as Skittles being blind, I have deduced that due to his Albino like coloration, mebe he is more sensitive to light, therefore he hides, alot, mistaking himself for a Loach.

As well, seeing said fishys listless and very stressed looking I checked their temp, taking the advice of the AC. With no heater in either tank we can expect room temperature right? Wrong! In order to save money on heating my roomie has set the house thermostat to a cool 16 degrees Celsius. Knowing this is far below what a Betta finds comfortable, I headed to Petsmart for two new heaters. Knowing that skittles hospital tank is too small for a heater we also planned on getting another 5 gallon.

Of course we came home with far more than we wanted (two heaters, two thermomoters,one tank, and enough silk and plastic plants for all three tanks) but in the end, I'm sure the fishies will thank us.

So heat problem is solved and all three fish have room to stretch the fins. Niether Skittles nor Junker have eaten, whilst Stuka nearly chomps my hand off after everyfeeding. Possibly in their heated, planted, caved accomodations they will eat tomorrow. Heres to me hoping

Dusty Roots
10-11-2008, 07:26 AM
Those are great betas.
I haven't come with any decent names yet !Some good ones there though.:c3:
If you have 2 of them in one tank, they won't be beautiful for long.At least I have never seen two get along!:c2:

That reminds me. The guy who was running the Petland fish area last night, tried convincing me that if I put three betta (3) into the same tank they would not fight. His reasoning was they wouldnt want to fight, because after the first fight, the victor would be too tired to fight the remaining betta, and therefore would die. Seems plausible, in rare cases, but I was having nothing of it. My reasons for buying betta are #1 giving them a better life (than show fighting, kept in a lily vase, or kept fat in an uncleaned display prison) and #2 for their beauty.
The last thing I was doing was listening to this guy. Which is why i get my answers here :c3: