PDA

View Full Version : hello all

sergo
01-12-2007, 01:49 AM
hello all. i'm sergo (greg) and the latest newbie to your forum. i have been lurking here unregistered for a little while gathering info while i plan to build my tank. i'm looking to build a 55+ gal tank and have it planted also. currently i don't have anything as i feel it is best to do plenty of research before jumping head on into anything. i've kept bettas around for about 5 years and only have lost 3. 2 due to old age and 1 did the leap of faith (it was one from a fish store and was bought from a functioning aquarium, which i think was the problem). i currently have 2 bettas in separate 2+ gal vases with a little ivy growing out of it and they are pretty happy (but it could be a little warmer for them). i will be a lurking type of member for a while as i don't have a lot of knowledge to share and will be researching my tank build. i know i will have a lot of questions as i get geared up to build and i'm glad to have made the decision to join as you guys seem realy cool and knowledgable. thanks in advance.

jeffs99dime
01-12-2007, 02:13 AM
welcome to a.c. sergo! good call on researching before starting the tank. that is one of the most important aspects of coming out ahead later down the line in this hobby. --jeff

Drumachine09
01-12-2007, 02:29 AM
Welcome to A.C. I think you will catch on fast. I have been here for a little over a week and have probobly tripled my knowlege on various subjects. Dont be afraid to ask questions.

sergo
01-12-2007, 02:36 AM
thanks for humble welcoming i can't wait to get this set up going as i have been wanting one since i was a kid. this will be very fun and i will love to post some pix as it gets going.

Drumachine09
01-12-2007, 02:37 AM
Im sure you will find it VERY entertaining, that is, as long as you are willing to keep up maintenence and such.

sergo
01-12-2007, 03:09 AM
i understand what kind of maintenace is involved and i would like to have the tank as balanced as possible with plants and fish so maintenance will be low. hense the reason for all of the research before the buildup. my bettas have done well but i know their upkeep is very different. it will have to be right, that's the only way i operate.

Lady Hobbs
01-12-2007, 03:29 AM
Hello and Welcome aboard.

I got my 55 gallon from WalMart for $148. You can hardly build one for that price and that included filter, nets and thermostat and heater. The filter isn't the greatest but you can add another for less than $40.

Abbeys_Mom
01-12-2007, 03:33 AM
Welcome to the forum :)

Severus
01-12-2007, 06:05 AM
Welcome to AC

jman
01-13-2007, 02:08 AM
welcome to AC it's a great site have fun!

blue fin
01-13-2007, 04:50 AM
Good luck building your own tank, but look around, Hobbs is right, you can hardly build a good tank for what you can buy already outfitted with the accessories.

Oh, and Welcome to AC!!

Nautilus291
01-13-2007, 05:11 AM
Welcome to the forum! I just bought a 55g and hood for $140. There was a deal at pet supplies plus where the tank was only 55dollars. But then i had to pay 85 for the hood. I spent prolly another 130 on heaters and filters.

I am building my own stand for it and its nearly finished if you want any information on that just ask me.

crackatinny
01-13-2007, 08:15 AM
Welcome to AC