PDA

View Full Version : After wanting so much...

Demi ^_^
10-04-2008, 09:59 AM
I want to get rid of some.

For ages I have longed for algae. Not bad algae, but that pretty looking algae that grows on the back of the tank/rocks/drfitwood/etc. Well I got my algae, but now I have a huge smudge of it across the front of the tank..

Is it safe to use a brand new sponge? And wipe the algea of tomorrow when I do a water change?

gm72
10-04-2008, 11:50 AM
I wouldn't use a brand new sponge because some of them are soaked with preservatives. Just use your hand/fingernail, algae scrubber, or a rag.

sPuD
10-28-2008, 07:39 AM
LOL!!!! i know what you mean!!! you want just a lil bit of pretty algae but it gets outa control. Now i'm carefull as not to encorage algae growth in new tanks.

yeah, next water change, just try a cloth first, if that dosn't work, use a scrubber. At work we use scorer-like pads to wipe off the algae, before the weekly water change.

Fishalicious
10-28-2008, 07:42 AM
I use those scouring washing up pads as well or a toothbrush (clean) to get to the difficult spots

Mvjnz
10-28-2008, 10:49 AM
I just use ordinary $1 kitchen sponges for that purpose. The wrapping will say if they contain any chemicals.

Gemstone
10-28-2008, 11:08 AM
I use those scouring washing up pads as well or a toothbrush (clean) to get to the difficult spots

We do the same..it works well...is cheapo...and easy to use..