PDA

View Full Version : Setting up 135 Gallon Tank for Turtles

rochelle0123
10-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Hello everyone,

We have two red ear sliders that are six years old and about 8 inches long. Were we live we cannot have them outside in a pond (we have freezing temperatures at night). We have a 135 gallon aquarium that I would like to set up for them but am having trouble finding a good filtration system and basking area. I wanted to do a DIY fake rock basking area and tried the styrofoam and cement project I've seen online many places, but the cement isn't sticking very well.

Does anyone have photos of their setups or can suggest something? I want a really nice set up for them that is attractive to look at as well as a healthy environment for them.

Thank you for any and all help!

teach
10-03-2008, 06:12 PM
I dont have any turtles(i want some lol) but there is a website www.atp.com I think if thats wrong you can google austins turtle page. It has everything should ever need. its like AC for turtles lol

cocoa_pleco
10-03-2008, 06:13 PM
have never had a turtle but for shallow water, i would use either a canister filter, or you can get large fluval submersible filters rated for 70g tanks and place them sideways in the shallow water

robnepper
10-03-2008, 08:04 PM
describe the method you are using to try to adhere the cement to the foam.