PDA

View Full Version : Moonlights Caused Strange Behaviour

Dusty Roots
10-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Just like the title says. I built some DIY Moonlights for my Betta Stuka. Today I flipped his life upside down, rearranged the tank, creating more hideaways, did my weekly 30 % water change, and plopped him back into his "new" enviroment.

Just minutes Ago before jumping into bed I turned the moonlight on and noticed Stuka living up to his name ( Stuka is a name for a WW2 german Divebomber) He was Surfacing up by the moonlight, then diving down to the bottom of the tank, then up again then down. Puzzled I moved the moonlight to the opposite side of the tank, but Stuka just followed and continued.

Anyone know whats up with this new behaviour? Generally when I turn the moonlight on he just crashes underneath it, ontop his favirote rock cave. Whats different about tonight?

Mvjnz
10-03-2008, 11:02 AM
He might still be settling in to his new environment..

Dusty Roots
10-03-2008, 08:04 PM
I suppose that would be a likely reason. Something cool I did find out that he reacted in this way to the warm colors of the moonlight, I can change them. He dove up and down to the red, yellow and orange yet seemed calm on blue, purple, light blue and the teal. So I left it on blue so he could get some zzz's.

Kayla-Bug
10-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Yea, just sounds like he's adjusting to his new home.

j.danielle85
10-03-2008, 11:01 PM
what if they are jealous of different colors except their own

tropfish
10-04-2008, 01:46 AM
the light may cause him to see his reflection on the glass. Is he flaring?

s72450
10-04-2008, 10:06 AM
This might be a silly question, but what is a moonlight? I've never heard of this before.

Dusty Roots
10-11-2008, 06:54 AM
Basically my moonlight are tow LED night lights paired up and sat upon the tank top everynight. They would somewhat replicate what a real moon shining down on your fishes habbitat would be like, and make viewing the fish in dark conditions without turning on a day light.

And no he wasn't flaring, but he has stopped. Then again I've kept it on Blue as he's not so distracted then.

LosC
10-12-2008, 03:24 PM
My g/f's Betta swims up and down like that too. I wouldn't worry about it. Better active then not active.

Dusty Roots
10-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Yes I'm begining to think Stuka is just Like that. This time I tried to add plants to his tank he attacked my hand. I suppose hes tired of me messing up his room :P