PDA

View Full Version : Looking for underwater habitat please help

evan9122
01-10-2007, 03:53 AM
Hi everyone, I am new here and this is my first post and its a weird one... I have been looking for years for one of the coolest aquarium products. It is an underwater habitat for aquariums with salamanders, frogs, etc. The way it worked was you would hook up an air pump to it and submerge it, the positive air pressure from the pump would keep water out and essentially keep a pocket of air in the habitat that the animals could go in. I have tried every kind of google search word but cant find it. If anyone knows what this thing is called and where I could get one it would be soooo appreciated. If not, oh well I gave it a desperate shot and wish everyone the best.

Evan

Lady Hobbs
01-10-2007, 03:58 AM
I am not familiar with what you speak of but do want to welcome you to the site. Hopefully someone else has heard of this set-up and will respond.

Glasstapper
01-10-2007, 04:00 AM
I've never heard of it, but you could probably make one. I'd take a clay pot and cut out a wide enough doorway to allow the salamanders or whatever to get in. Then I'd try putting a small hole or two right above the doorway (to let the bubbles slowly leak out, otherwise you would have huge bubbles released every few seconds instead of a bubble stream). that way, the top of the pot would always have air in it. You would just put the airline tube under the pot.

Abbeys_Mom
01-10-2007, 02:10 PM
I have one. I bought if for a dollar at my lfs and have never used it. Where are you, maybe I could ship it?

jeffs99dime
01-10-2007, 02:40 PM
welcome to a.c.:thumb:

Nautilus291
01-10-2007, 04:40 PM
welcome to the forum!!

NorthernBoy
01-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Welcome you the site.