PDA

View Full Version : schooling loachs

kyodo
01-09-2007, 05:09 AM
hello there every one. i have 3 clown loachs in my 190l tank that also contianes 6 tiger barbs and for most of the day they seem to all school together. my local fish supply place to me that these two types of fish are schooling fish but the stick with there own kind.... has any one else seen this happen befor. I not worried just intrusted

Regards dave

Severus
01-09-2007, 05:38 AM
Yes, all barbs school as do clown loaches. They are best kept in groups and i am glad to see yours are. Other than that it is perfectly normal. Good luck with them!

Lady Hobbs
01-09-2007, 06:17 AM
They really get together at night and have the most fun toward evening.

Their eyes are glowing from the flash.

kyodo
01-09-2007, 06:44 AM
GR8 site hobbs my comment was more that they are schooling with the barbs...witch i think is cool...

Nautilus291
01-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Maybe there just confused with who is who. If you think about it they do kind of have the same strip pattern.

Abbeys_Mom
01-09-2007, 01:26 PM
I've seen a lot of strange fish behaviors in my tanks. I think fish are confused in aquariums because they are in with fish they would never see in the wild.

I had a Parrot that thought it was an Oscar, and then a Nic when I move it to another tank.
I had a Balloon Molly that was in love with the orange light on my heater (reminded me of the fish in Finding Nemo with the bubbles).
I've had "non-aggressive" fish kill other and "aggressive" fish that where cowards.

I also think you are right on the colour factor. If you have different fish with the same colours or markings it seem them react to each other (positive or negative).

Lady Hobbs
01-09-2007, 03:34 PM
As in my angels that hate my black skirt tetra's! With those silver and black stripes, I think the angels think they are angels, too.

Severus
01-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Abbeys mom- i couldnt agree with you more. i have a Jack Dempsey that should be aggressive but instead is the biggest coward in my tank. I also have an oscar who wouldnt harm a fly. I have some very easy going fish...
Im not complaining though. lol

jman
01-09-2007, 06:24 PM
i like i like.