PDA

View Full Version : Day 15 of cycle - with pictures

reelbigphish
09-29-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm on day 15 of cycling with six Zebra Danios. It's a 120 gallon tank kept at 79 degrees. I have been testing every other day with the API master test. I still have no ammonia. I feed once a day - per the instructions on the fish food, just what they can eat in two minutes. I haven't done any cleaning or water changes. I do top off the tank every couple of days to replace what has evaporated.

The fish seem happy. Always glad to eat. I read their coloring will be better in a healthy tank, so I attached some pictures. I think their coloring is great. They were hard to get pictures of - not lethargic at all.

I guess I just need patience. It's a big tank.

Tolley
09-29-2008, 06:31 PM
How did you do that? You msut be very good to get pictures of a zebra danio in a 120 gallon. Some of the best shots I've seen are where people have temporarily moved the fish to a small photo tank. NICE ONE!

reelbigphish
09-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Tolley, I do have a background in photography and a good camera. But I'm very new at fish. I sat in front of the tank while my son fed the fish. They always scavenge the bottom for a while after we feed them, so I took advantage of their relatively still time.

Taking pictures of fish is like taking pictures of babies. You have to take 20 pics to get one good one.

FordForever
09-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Those are very nice pictures!