PDA

View Full Version : Picky angelfish

labnjab
09-29-2008, 03:34 AM
Our recently purchased angel fish seems to be a little picky. He will not eat the pellet food we feed the rest of the fish, but he will eat bloodworms, baby shrimp, and guppy fry by the dozen (our 10 gallon fry tanks started leaking so we had to add them to the community tank, and he had a feast, but most made it to hiding). We know he can't survive off the "treats" alone. Is there any other food we should try? We feed the rest of the fish tetracolor tropical granuals and they love it. Thanks for any help

Holyvision
09-29-2008, 03:35 AM
Have you tried freeze dried? Or try soaking food in garlic elixirs.

labnjab
09-29-2008, 03:38 AM
I forgot to mention, the bloodworms and shrimp are freeze dried, but other then what was listed, its all we tried

Holyvision
09-29-2008, 03:42 AM
Sometimes it can just take a while for a fish to get acclimated enough to feed on food he isn't used to/naturally hunting.

Nothing wrong with feeding the freeze dried stuff only though, just soak it in some vitamins and it's great stuff. I would just slowly start to feed other foods in small amounts at the same time, and gradually change the ratios of freeze dried:Other until he starts eating w/e else you want him to be eating.

labnjab
09-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Thank you, i'll find some vitamins. It will look at the pellets, but never touches them, so we throw in some bloodworms and he will down them in no time, and if a guppy fry strays to far from the plants, he will gulp that in a hurry too. I guess the fry are somewhat healthy as they have been eating crushed pellet food and bloodworms before we had to put them into the community tank.