PDA

View Full Version : a question that i have

kelly
09-26-2008, 08:05 PM
i askd this question in the breedin forum. but no one has answered. so i will ask here. since my angel fry should be free swiming by sat or sunday. and my filter doesnt have a speed switch. it stays the same speed, so my question is do i shut off my filter or leave it on? and if i leave it on would the fry get sucked up the filter?

cocoa_pleco
09-26-2008, 08:08 PM
you can put a pre-filter on the intake to prevent fry from getting sucked in

kelly
09-26-2008, 08:14 PM
what is a pre filter? and would i be able to get one at petsmart? and how much do they usually cost?

Fishalicious
09-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Definately keep the filter running...otherwise you could lose the cycle on your tank. Even as fry angelfish are very strong swimmers... by the time they take off they will be fine. I have never ever lost any angel fry in the filter...for ease of mind you could put a panty over the filter intake...

Abodement
09-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Something that works very well that you can get at Petco is a filter bag that is designed to put media in. It is a mesh white bag that fry cannot get through and it has a draw string on it so you can tighten it up to a variety of different size filters you just put it over the intake. It also sucks up a lot of food that the fry can pick at it and it serves pretty well for that purpose. This has worked flawlessly for me in the past.

kelly
09-26-2008, 08:49 PM
oh thanks for all of ur suggestions. the only thing is that i dont get paid for 2 weeks. so i guess the only thing to do is watch n see what happens. i will keep everyone posted and let you guys know if they make it into the next days.

smaug
09-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Definately keep the filter running...otherwise you could lose the cycle on your tank. Even as fry angelfish are very strong swimmers... by the time they take off they will be fine. I have never ever lost any angel fry in the filter...for ease of mind you could put a panty over the filter intake...
A panty!?:18: Awesome.
Conversation with wifey:
me:sweety?
her:yeah hun?
me:I need a pair of pantys!
her:[stunned] Um,why?
me:I wanna save my babys
her[confused]what?!
me: my angels babys hun.
her:[In a torrent of flying household objects]WHO in the h%#@ is your angel you sick dog?!?
me:[running and ducking] NEVERMIND!!!
hehe!

kaianuanu
09-26-2008, 09:12 PM
A panty!?:18: Awesome.
Conversation with wifey:
me:sweety?
her:yeah hun?
me:I need a pair of pantys!
her:[stunned] Um,why?
me:I wanna save my babys
her[confused]what?!
me: my angels babys hun.
her:[In a torrent of flying household objects]WHO in the h%#@ is your angel you sick dog?!?
me:[running and ducking] NEVERMIND!!!
hehe!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL ..................................... OMG that one was a true thigh slapper! Did she really throw the objects or was that an axzaggeration?

Gayle
09-26-2008, 10:39 PM
LMAO That was good!!

How about a clean, new pair of knee high stockings?

kaianuanu
09-26-2008, 10:46 PM
or maybe just those little panty hose thingys that come up to your ankles that they make you wear when you try on new shoes if you don't have socks lika at payless