PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With My Kribs

Sharon
09-25-2008, 11:10 PM
I got this pair of Kribs about nine months ago. Unless I'm reading the signs wrong, they have bred four times, and no babies, yet! They do the dance, female goes into the pot with the male going in and out. I've seen the female rub her belly on the roof of the cave repeatedly...I assume she's laying eggs. She's out, and the male goes in. He comes out, and she does her thing again. Repeat...Repeat. The next morning they're swimming around as if nothing had happened. What's going on????

johnpeezy
09-29-2008, 02:39 PM
If you think there breeding with no luck, that could be confused with the male rejecting the female.

he won't be agressive to her but he will shoo her out of a flowerpot and not respond to the dancing.

HOWEVER

if it is not what I stated above try leaving the lights off in the tank.
like for a while and get a flashlight. They are very secritive about there fry and do not like them to be seen. If you have been bothering them too much the female could just as easily swallow the eggs as she released them if she feels there not safe.

Could also be egg fungus thats is only if you have physically seen the eggs in the tank, and notice they disappear.

basiclly it could be a million diffrent things.

mrs fishpatrick
09-29-2008, 09:23 PM
I read that they sometimes do a few practice runs, but eventually they will get the hang of it and you'll see fry.
seemingly when the female stays on the 'site' and won't let the male in is when there really is something happening.
hth

Gemstone
09-30-2008, 06:21 AM
OR>....as was the case with mine....the male is just not that into the female...then I introduced another female...boy oh boy oh boy..........

Well....to make a long storey short...I have kriblets........:18:

(twas love at first site...):1luvu:

easty-uk
10-12-2008, 01:19 PM
I have had a problem with my kribs too...... They have had fry two times before now (still have 30 29f/ 1m), and the female has laid eggs 3-4 times since then and eaten them everytime.......