PDA

View Full Version : tamed???

themuffinbandit
09-25-2008, 05:57 PM
so having read on multiple websites and books that females and males alike will attack each other if they are in pairs. in addition, if there are 3 or more females, preferably 4 at least, they will eventually establish a pecking order and not attack each other and live peacefully.

now here's the interesting part. =) i have 2 bettas (green and red). and i recently bought an additional two (blue and white) in hopes that i could put them together.

i put the two new ones together by accident (makeshift divider fell down) and they got along. well the next day, i discovered that my white fish was sick =(. after quarantining the non sick blue fish, i added it and my other red female in my 10g tank with my other green female.

at first they didnt fight, but the blue one picked on the green one. so, i took the blue one out and now there are only two bettas in my 10g (two original ones). surprisingly, they get along and do not fight and barely even flare at each other. whats going on? anyone have an explanations as to what is going on?

Kayla-Bug
09-25-2008, 06:18 PM
The female that you took out is more aggressive than the other 2.