PDA

View Full Version : Ich outbreak

Abodement
09-24-2008, 11:21 PM
So I have recently setup this tank with 1 Angel and now 2 Platys. My female platy has a case of Ich I am medicating currently, no carbon in filters. The water temp is about 80F right now. I am unsure what to do as I have never had this problem I was forced to buy my fish at Petco as its the only pet store in this town. It has been about 48 hours now.

Red
09-24-2008, 11:22 PM
raise the temp up and add salt

smaug
09-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Get a quality ick med such as Quick cure by ap products and follow the intructions to a t.

Abodement
09-25-2008, 12:58 AM
I have Ick clear by Jungle and am going just that I raised the temp to 80 from 77 and have yet to add salt the tank is in day 4 so the water must be jumping everywhere and want to avoid stress the Angel and male platy have no symptoms and the female seems to be losing hers so I am hoping the medication is beginning to take affect I am going to do a large water change tomorrow and re medicate just to make 100% sure.

smaug
09-25-2008, 01:05 AM
After the first treatment do a good water change and gravel vac,then redose if you feel it nessacary.After all the treatments are complete use carbon in your filter to remove the old meds.

Abodement
09-25-2008, 04:15 AM
I returned from eating out with my friends to find the second female platy had passed away. The Angel and male platy seem to be fine no signs of Ick and they did eat when I fed them earlier while the female platy did not eat. The meds have been in the tank since yesterday and I am going to do close to 75% water change tomorrow morning and redose until Friday I think.

I got an item called cycle its apparently bacteria in a bottle I am usually very weary of items such as this but it seems legit I am obviously not going to use it for awhile until all meds are gone but if anyone has heard of or used this product any feed back would be appreciated.

Thank you very much for the quick helpful responses and may I say Smaug your angel is amazing that is what I am striving for although I haven't gotten very far. lol Where did you get such an amazing Angel?

xximanoobxx
09-25-2008, 04:23 AM
those bacteria stuff dont work i think... Only Bio-spira...

ichimuj
09-25-2008, 05:43 AM
I tried Cycle once and it did nothing. Try to return it and buy Bio-Spira...it works very well...

Abodement
09-25-2008, 06:23 AM
Ok I will try it does anybody know who makes it or if it is available at Petco?