PDA

View Full Version : What About this?

Kayla-Bug
09-21-2008, 11:43 PM
I noticed that we have comps for POTM, MOTM, and TOTM, but why don't we have a comp for all other animals? I think that would be wonderful to have. A comp where you can enter all other types of animals besides fish. Let me know what you all think!!

Lady Hobbs
09-21-2008, 11:49 PM
Because this is a fish forum?

Kayla-Bug
09-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Yea but we have member of the month. We are not fish, at least most of us aren't... You have a thread for people to talk about anything else non fish related, so why not?

Northernguy
09-22-2008, 01:27 AM
There is going to be a lot of people that cannot play because they only have fish!:c2:

Holyvision
09-22-2008, 01:37 AM
Maybe a "Quote of the month"? QOTM? Members could save quotes and links to the thread they are in (via bookmark) for the most helpful article, funny post, etc.

I don't know about other animals though -- I mean sure I have some, but I'm sure a lot here do not; Probably best just to upload images of them into galleries or the photo section :19:

KrytterKrys
09-22-2008, 02:26 AM
i think its a great idea..not everyone takes pictures of there fish or enters anyway so why not have one? just because they dont have any doesnt mean they wont enjoy looking and voting on their favs anyway... sure its a fish forum but we have other things not fish related..like the arcade games? or other pets section to talk about them, so itll just be an added benefit to be able to enjoy all your animals in your one fav place!

xximanoobxx
09-22-2008, 02:28 AM
What about fish of the month????
or fish of the week...
sumin like that???

cocoa_pleco
09-22-2008, 02:29 AM
i would say no, the current comps are already alot of work for the mods. lots of sites dont even do POTM/TOTM/MOTM anymore because of the work

Red
09-22-2008, 02:30 AM
What about fish of the month????
or fish of the week...
sumin like that???
i have asked that before and its too much like POTM (which i agree with)

xximanoobxx
09-22-2008, 02:50 AM
i have asked that before and its too much like POTM (which i agree with)

No like the species of the week or sumin...
Like this week can be percula clownfish
and then next week could be like a tilapia or sumin

cocoa_pleco
09-22-2008, 03:10 AM
No like the species of the week or sumin...
Like this week can be percula clownfish
and then next week could be like a tilapia or sumin

it would be only a 3-5 person comp probably, few people all have specific species of fish

Kayla-Bug
09-22-2008, 03:26 AM
i think its a great idea..not everyone takes pictures of there fish or enters anyway so why not have one? just because they dont have any doesnt mean they wont enjoy looking and voting on their favs anyway... sure its a fish forum but we have other things not fish related..like the arcade games? or other pets section to talk about them, so itll just be an added benefit to be able to enjoy all your animals in your one fav place!Yea, that's what I mean. Like she said, we have lots of other things that aren't fish related, so why not?

xximanoobxx
09-22-2008, 04:00 AM
it would be only a 3-5 person comp probably, few people all have specific species of fish

Noooooo, like pick random species of fish and like people would vote which one deserves fotw...

Tolley
09-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Because this is a fish forum?

Yea but we have member of the month. We are not fish, at least most of us aren't... You have a thread for people to talk about anything else non fish related, so why not?

As stated by Lady Hobbs this a Fish Forum. Fish meaning about fish. Forum meaning that there are members.

Kayla-Bug
09-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Yes, but we have things like the arcade, shop and the threads where you post about things non fish related. Could it really hurt to have just one more competition? I mean, I would help run the competition if I am allowed to. I know it's a lot of work, but I am willing to help! I just thought it would be a good idea and it would spice things up since not every one wants to enter fish in the contest. Like some people may get better pics of their dogs or something and have a hard time getting a good pic of a fish. (Which it is hard, I know) So they don't have anywhere to have any fun with it. Members who have fish get to have fun, but what about the other people? Yes, it is a fish forum, but it's not an ONLY fish forum. Like I said, if it were only fish, you wouldn't need arcade, shop, and the other forums. We have an other pets section as well. I am on a fish only forum, and to be honest, it really stinks. You can't post about anything other than fish and the equipment that runs the tanks. We need a little variety I think. All other forums don't have competitions like you all do, so lets be different and have ALL kinds of cool things that make people want to join. Like I said, I will help if needed.

William
09-22-2008, 08:46 PM
I want to say how I look at it before feelings get to heated!
I don't think it is a bad idea. I do believe you are right when you say that some members take better pictures of other animals and would like the opportunity to enter them into the forum. You are also right when you say we have things that are not strictly fish related like the arcade.

I also want to say that I appreciate that you offer to help manage a competition if we would create one Kayla.

However I don't think this is the right time to create such a competition. The reason I say this is simple. The photo gallery contains over 8000 pictures, less than 150 of those are of other pets (dogs/cats/parrots etc). We got 340 000 post on the forum, less than 800 are about other pets. When these sections become more popular (which I think they might become) we can talk about adding a competition for other pets again. However, as earlier stated, very few pet pictures have been posted in the gallery during its entire existence and certainly not enough pictures to make a good base for the competition. If there are a lot of you who keep and photo other pets and that would like a competition like this. Prove it by making the other pet section more popular in the gallery.

When and if it becomes more popular I will regard this question again. However I do not promise anything, one way or the other.