PDA

View Full Version : Cherry shrimp are hilarious!

Holyvision
09-18-2008, 11:46 PM
Sorry, I don't have a camera to take a pic...

Anyway, I was sitting here with my pruner/grabber picking about my plants, and I noticed every single time I would put the grabber into the water, all my cherry shrimp would flock to it, I guess they though it was a little too dirty! :hmm3grin2orange:

I found that if I put my finger about 5 inches into the water, they will swim to the top and chase it around. Silly little guys.

angelcakes
09-19-2008, 07:41 AM
they are quite funny to watch:hmm3grin2orange:

Gayle
09-19-2008, 02:13 PM
They love you!!! :)

korith
09-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Getting some cherry shrimp in about 2 weeks or so. They seem very active, can't wait.

PUNISHER VETTE
09-20-2008, 03:53 AM
they are fun to watch.

Although i only have 3 in my 2.5g tank and one keeps getting into the filter and i have to take it apart and empty it out to save him all the time.

The others are smart enough to not go near it... I tried a sponge but it just clogged the water flow of the tiny filter.

Mordechaj
09-20-2008, 12:02 PM
if you have just RCS and possibly some snails, then you don't really need a filter running.

i've had RCS with filter on, and i couldn't breed them because all the little shrimps would be sucked in (and i tried tying cotton wool around the intake to controll the flow, but it either didn't work, or it clogged the filter.

it's a well planted tank with a lot of moss, and i keep only a small airpump to have some water movement, and the shrimps just keep multiplying :D

Algenco
09-20-2008, 12:05 PM
for a shrimp only tank a small air driven sponge filter is perfect

AABatteries
09-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Soon to be setting up a shrimp tank, and we're going to be getting cherry shrimp. I hope the one's we get are that active. Forget my question, just googled it and got my answers.