PDA

View Full Version : golden wonder killie

Glasstapper
01-05-2007, 05:21 PM
I saw a whole tank full of these at my LFS the other day, and I was wondering if anyone had ever kept these? I've never seen them before, but they were very pretty.

minabird
01-05-2007, 08:27 PM
glasstapper-

I've been looking at the also. My local Petsmart has a tankful everytime I go in there. They do look pretty, but also a little lazy....just hangin under the surface in 1 spot. Every once in a while I'll see one move from one spot to another. I'm debating if I should put a small one in my 10 gal with my ruby red female betta.

Lady Hobbs
01-05-2007, 08:32 PM
I had a golden wonder and most fish he didn't bother with. Others he chased unmercifully. They stay at the top of the water all day so don't know how they'd do with danio's, if that is a concern.

Fishguy2727
01-05-2007, 11:03 PM
I have a bunch in my 40 and they get too big for a 10. The males can hit 4". They are a great fish though.

stubbytheplecostomus
02-11-2007, 10:57 PM
they are great beginner killies and will breed with just a little java moss to lay eggs in, you can keep them with any fish but those fish that might think they are food, they will generally spend ALL of their time near the surface completely out of the way of most fish. the tank cover needs to cover the entire tank no exceptions or they will jump out.

Lady Hobbs
02-12-2007, 12:19 AM
I had one. He was aggressive with some fish and not at all with others.

kkirch95
03-28-2007, 03:40 AM
I had one a few years ago- he was fine with all my fish...until I added some very small rasboras and they fit nicely in his mouth. Hmph. Anyway- always up near the top. I'd drop in an algae disk and he's catch it and swi around with it like a dog with a frisbee. Jumped out of the tank the first time- got him back in. He just laid calmly in my hand waiting to be put back- no flopping at all. Then one day I found him dead on the counter. Poor thing. Suicide fish.

Samurai JAC
04-06-2007, 07:35 PM
My Killie loves to chase my dwarf puffer. When I first got my killie he went up to my puffer who was about a half an inch long and tried to eat him. That was the first time I saw Puffy puff up. My killie could barely get him out of his mouth. Scince then Puffy stays away from the Killie. Even though the killie stalks him once in a while.

gourami15
05-01-2007, 02:00 AM
My killie pretty much does'nt bother any of my other fish. He just hangs out at the top pretty much all day. Sometimes he will move to another spot and every once and awhile he will go to the bottom and then come back up. Whenever i feed him he attacks the food in quick jolts, holding big pieces in his mouth sometimes. I have had him for only about a month and hes around 2 inches and doing fine. No name for him yet.

wonder
09-01-2008, 11:58 PM
I have two golden wonder killis one male one female and a red tail shark in the same thank because the store owner said i could do so, but i left for 3 days and when i came back the females tail was almost all gone.

does anybody know what could of happend ?

troy
09-02-2008, 06:40 PM
This thread is over a year old.

aquakid
01-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Im considering a killie, if it can go with bumblebee gobies in brackish

Lady Hobbs
01-27-2009, 04:28 PM
This thread is 2 years old.

You can set your options so you are not viewing these very old threads. I have my options set to 30 days, I believe, but you can go more than that.