PDA

View Full Version : Best advice

deckard_wa
01-05-2007, 02:20 PM
What's the best fish-keeping advice you've ever been given? Somebody told me a long time ago that the best thing you can do for your fish is to really watch them, how they swim act eat etc.. Not only does it bring you closer to your pets, but when you get to know them and their habits well their behaviour can alert you to potential problems better than a water test kit.

Severus
01-05-2007, 02:26 PM
I have only been actively keeping fish for a year now and amongst a few other things i would have to say knowing your fish (like you said) is one of the best things you can do to keep a successful aquarium. Aside from water changes, testing, etc..

jeffs99dime
01-05-2007, 03:04 PM
I have only been actively keeping fish for a year now and amongst a few other things i would have to say knowing your fish (like you said) is one of the best things you can do to keep a successful aquarium. Aside from water changes, testing, etc..

a very, very good tip

danthefishman
01-05-2007, 03:32 PM
One of the best things ive been told is that if you can keep water then you can keep fish, but the moment your water quality drops then so will your fishes health.

Fishguy2727
01-05-2007, 11:00 PM
The biggest change I have seen by only switching one thign was actually the huge water changes I do. As soon as I started them my fish took off in growth and had the best colors I have ever seen for some of the species. The only platies I have ever heard of bigger than my breeders I had for a while came out of ponds.

Lady Hobbs
01-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Best advice is a clean, healthy tank with scheduled water changes, gravel cleaning and good filteration.