PDA

View Full Version : Huge Betta Splendin

jappa
09-14-2008, 08:20 AM
Help..ok im a fairly experianced fish keeper/breeder and have a favorite boy who appears or i believe is constipated...now hear is the problem he will not eat, he is 12 months old max and is very strong and normaly able to fight any thing off without the aid of medication, he lives in a well established 74ltr well filtered tank with lighting and it is planted fairly heavily and no tank mates!!..i know of pea buds, caster oil, glycerine and many others like paraffin (i cant spell) but he wont take it....he is big enough for me to give him an enima but that seems really silly but he is 10cm REALLY! Any one haveany ideas? And can i get him put in resin if he dies so i can allways see him? :(

Mvjnz
09-14-2008, 11:08 AM
If he's constipated I'd not make him eat, I'd just leave him and let him get through it on his own.

By betta splendin, do you mean betta splendens, the regular siamese fighter you can get at any pet store? At 10 cm I would suspect he's of the giant kind, which I've only heard of through breeders...

And if he dies I suspect you could have him preserved in formaldehyde or something, but he's not gonna look as good as he did while he was alive.

LosC
09-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Ya don't feed him, wait a day or two then try feeding unshelled peas.

Kayla-Bug
09-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Try the cooked peas. If it is constipation that is. I have a boy right now that is extremely large and it's not constipation. It's more of a parasite type thing. I have to give him salt baths to try and help him and if it doesn't work then I will have to go to step 2, a syringe and drain the fluid in his tummy. Do you have a pic of him?

Nightside_Eclipse
09-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Don't preserve your fish... put him in the dirt when he's gone and let him feed some plants.