PDA

View Full Version : I got a Delta Tail betta ^_^

Wallyfish
01-05-2007, 04:18 AM
Today I went to the petstore to look for some guppies to add to my 10gal tank. They didn't have any guppies. They had the best bettas that I've seen in a real long time however. No tears at all. I couldn't resist getting one. I didn't want to risk the betta fighting with my danios in the tank so I ended up picking up a WaterWonders Aquarium kit which was a 1.5gal cube. I have to say that it was very easy to set up the filter and even included two plastic plants that connect to a plant grid on the bottom of the cube which I think is a lot better than normal plant anchors. Its a very nice aquarium for the computer desk. I haven't named my new delta tail yet. He is a peach color and very inquisitive and seems to like his new surroundings. I'm debating whether not I should add airstones. When I find my digital camera, I will take a picture for you guys.

Glasstapper
01-05-2007, 05:20 AM
Ooooh, I'll bet he's a beauty! I saw some half moons today when I went to pick up my albino corys for Napoleon. They were unbelievably beautiful. I really like the ones with the different tails.

blue fin
01-05-2007, 05:27 AM
Funny, I think I just bought the same tank... for me I'm using it as a " hospital tank " though. cute little square with led lights......?

Wallyfish
01-06-2007, 12:50 AM
Yep. Thats the one. I think its kinda nifty. My only problem is that I can't find a heater for a 1.5 gallon tank. The closest I could find was one that was 2gal minimum. Though I considered using it with a very low setting, it warns not to use for less than 2gal. I want my fish to be a little warmer as I hear it promotes longer life.

Severus
01-06-2007, 05:04 AM
Is a delta tail the same as a crown tail..? Or completely different

Wallyfish
01-06-2007, 05:51 AM
Nope. Here you can see the difference http://www.bettatalk.com/betta_finnage.htm
Though crowntails are considered more valueable, I personally enjoy the look of the delta tails.