PDA

View Full Version : Whats up? im new

Full3R
01-04-2006, 09:35 PM
Hey, Man i didnt know were to post this so i thought, why not here? so anyway i have an Oscar of about roughly 6 inches in a 2 foot aqaurium and i was thinking of buying a friend whilst he was in the smaller aqaurium, but, the only oscars down at my local pet shop are of about 3 inches and quite skinny, my oscar has a abnormally large mouth and looks like he could swallow them hole but i wasnt sure if he would swallow one of his own kind or not so im askin if a oscar would eat a smaller oscar that could fit in its mouth???
any help is greatly appreciated

William
01-05-2006, 02:18 AM
Hi
Yes there is a risk that the larger oscar will eat the smaller one. It might work out but on the other hand it might not.

You know that you Oscar soon needs a bigger aquarium?

Full3R
01-05-2006, 03:41 AM
Yeah, I'm aware i need to get a bigger tank for him and i plan to move him up. many of the people i know keep 2 oscars happily in 66 litre which is like 17 gallons US for many years but i plan to move it up a tank. also i bought the baby oscar and another heater for another tank and i am keeping it there till it grows larger thanx william

William
01-05-2006, 03:50 AM
sounds like a good plan. was going to suggest that.

happy to answer questions anytime!

Full3R
01-05-2006, 04:48 AM
Around were i live NSW Australia there is little fish called Mosquito Fish that were introduced to get rid of the mosquito larvae population they are also known as minnows i feed my oscar on them regulary and he loves them :) but i was wondering is it safe for the smaller Oscar to eat these small fish, i put a small baby Mosquito Fish in with it about a day old (the mosquito fish was a day old) and he ate it quite quickly so i think there alright any thoughts?