PDA

View Full Version : Holy Schnikes Bertha Lives....

Sounguru
09-11-2008, 06:56 AM
Some of you may remember the following post....

We are Gathered here today,. A day of mourning and great saddness. For one of the greats has passed on. That 's right folks one of the greatest one of the best no longer slimes among us. I know you are all saying who can it be preacher please tell us... Well I tell you first that the lost one will be missed for she was great among the egg layers and snail suckers. She was the largest and most beautiful... but alas she was also not the brightest....

That is right folks we have lost Bertha *pause for wailing and crying*

Bertha was great in the number of eggs she laid and her children and grandchildren shall suck snails in her memory. Betha was big, bold, and beautiful right up to the end when the most terrible thing imaginable happened. Betha crawled between the heater and the side of the tank wedging herself in good... and I mean good folks, because even in complete stupidity Bertha had to do everything in a big way.

Well as we all know as a heater cycles on and off it can get quite hot.. It was just too much for Bertha and she passed on to another hunting ground where she will be slimed with open shells.

Her realtives have asked that all donations be sent to the Malaysian Trumpet Snail Breeding program for delicious snails. There will not be a mermorial service but Bertha will be eaten for dinner by all of the current tank residents and her shell shall remain as a reminder of the dangers of being stupid.

http://www.stopactionphoto.net/Fishpics/rip.jpg

Well I have great news she's alive.....

Here I go and write this heart felt goodbye only to find out she is a tougher old broad than I thought... Give you the picture a snail upside down on the bottom 1/2 to 3/4 of the way out of it's shell ozzing white slime and not moving for over 3 hours.... Dead right? Well I guess not I went to look for her remains and couldn't find her. So I figured one of the other assassins had pulled her behind the filter to enjoy his/her meal. Nope I was doing my nightly head count and there she was badly hurt but alive. Looks like her foot is damaged and her little trunk thingy. She doesn't move much but has made it about 6 inches from where she went down. Don't know if she will feed or not so in the morning I'm gonna put some blood worms right at her nose and see what happens.

angelcakes
09-11-2008, 07:24 AM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e275/zetafran777/HUMOR-ANIMAL2/woohoo.gif

go bertha.................:19: :19:

ladyoutlaw50
09-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Come on Bertha!!! You can do this -- I know you can!!!!!:19: