PDA

View Full Version : Tiny freshwater "bugs??"

invadertoast
09-11-2008, 01:45 AM
So I was just looking into my 2.5g betta tank and noticed that what I thought were bubbles on the glass were actually little tiny things moving around on a little spot of algea. I thought I was crazy until I watched one swim away! they look like tiny dots with tails and maybe antenna but they're really too small to see (literally smaller than a grain of sand!) I have no idea where they could have come from, other than live plants that have been in there for about a month or so. I have driftwood that somebody found and gave to me, but it was boiled for several hours before I put it in the tank. Any ideas??? I'd take a picture but there's just no way!

Algenco
09-11-2008, 01:52 AM
fresh water pods, probably gammarus, aka "seed shrimp" harmless

PUNISHER VETTE
09-11-2008, 01:59 AM
I've got those too in my 2.5g shrimp tank.

I've also got TONS of tiny white worms that crawl on the glass of my 30g shrimp tank. Figured it was from just feeding too much....

invadertoast
09-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks guys! They look kind of like seed shrimp (only smaller?) I'm glad they're harmelss!

Gayle
09-12-2008, 08:56 PM
I've got those too in my 2.5g shrimp tank.

I've also got TONS of tiny white worms that crawl on the glass of my 30g shrimp tank. Figured it was from just feeding too much....

When I was trying to figure out what my living dust was, I read some stuff about Planaria. Maybe that is what your worms are.

troy
09-12-2008, 11:07 PM
They are definitely not planaria. Planaria look kind of like slugs and they move on the glass.