PDA

View Full Version : 60 gallon tank with 4 tiger barbs

davidix
09-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Well for the most part they get along pretty good. But the two dominant bigger barbs like to pick on the smallest Barb. it's a big tank so the little guy runs away with ease. Funny thing though it's like He wants to be part of the pack and the other wont let him. The only time He good witht hem is during feeding time.

I also have two decent sized Gouramis. Nobody is fighting right now. Tiger barbs dont gang up on other fish do they?

I was planning on getting another 3-4 barbs is that to much for a 60 gallon?

Fishalicious
09-09-2008, 06:48 PM
The more barbs the better! They will be more busy playing and swimming after each other and will leave other fish alone. They are known to nip and annoy other fish in low numbers.

I don't know what other fish you have other than the gourami's but I would bring the group of Barba up to 10 or 12 in a 60 gallon

Tolley
09-09-2008, 09:30 PM
What type of gouramis we talking? opefully not a small one as they wouldn't do well with tiger barbs.

davidix
09-10-2008, 06:56 AM
They are opaline gourami and gold gourami. Both of them are pretty big almost mature size. The barbs are smaller to mid size.

Anyways I added another 3 barbs to make a total of seven and they are much happier it's amazing.

aquakid
12-31-2008, 02:22 AM
shuold get a rainbow shark or school of 6 skunk botia, not both. i have a rainbow in a comminity tank but i had to move it from a 20 to 40 gallon cause kept killing other fish, they are so dumb as soon as rainbow chases them away they go right back