PDA

View Full Version : how to acclimate my bettas?

themuffinbandit
09-09-2008, 06:40 PM
so i was wondering if anyone knew how to assimilate my 4 female bettas, so that i can get them to ultimately, live peacefully in one tank. i know it can be done b/c ive seen it many times and i have a very vague idea on how to do it, but im not quite sure. anyone care to offer up some knowledge? thanks.

Kayla-Bug
09-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Do you mean acclimate?

travie
09-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Add them all at once to the same tank. Make sure their is several line of sight blockers in the tank and 4 places to hide.

themuffinbandit
09-10-2008, 12:25 AM
Do you mean acclimate?

lol yeah. my bad. typo errors ftl.

Gemstone
09-11-2008, 10:03 AM
4 bettas should be fine...three or less I would not recommend...as soon as there are three or lesss...you wold get the scenario of a dominant female...with a second in command..both picking on the third...more than this however, they tend to balance the equasion...and they form a sisterhood.

to get them all in the same tank...do not add them one at a time..asthis would establish ranking...add them all at the same time...of course in the way you would add other fish to a tank...

this would ensure that there are no set territories etc beforehand...

I have 9 females all living together quite harmoniously...

Hope this helps...:11:

Lady Hobbs
09-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Are you talking about how many to add at once or how to acclimate them? Two different things?

themuffinbandit
09-12-2008, 04:40 AM
how to accimilate. i already decided that im adding 4 females.