PDA

View Full Version : Yabbies !!

SkinnyChicken
09-09-2008, 02:30 AM
I was cleaning out my pond on Saturday and found two Yabbies in the bottom of the muck - they must have been in there for a good while as they are quite large. We have only been moved into the house for 6 weeks and the house is only five years old so I guess at the very most the crayfish could be 5 years old too. Though I am not sure how big they grow or how fast either.

I'm kicking myself now as I didn't take photos before I put them back in the nice clean pond but just thought I'd share my little find with you all as my wide wasn't quite as excited as me and the kids were :)

angelcakes
09-09-2008, 07:26 AM
nice find...........:19: :19:

Gemstone
09-09-2008, 08:55 AM
jeeez........you lucky....ahm....fish!!!

dean30bb
09-11-2008, 09:45 AM
kool thats awsome what type were they i breed blue clawed yabbies

SkinnyChicken
09-12-2008, 01:33 AM
You'd be sure to know more about them than me ... they were very dark (blue/black) and had red markings on them ... and that's about all I could tell you. I just Googled for help but it wasn't forthcoming. I wished now I'd left them in the tank a while longer to take photos and examine in a bit more detail - at the time though I just wanted to get them back into the pond as quick as I could seeing as they'd just been ripped from their home in a most unceremonious way. I might look for them again at the weekend.

dean30bb
09-12-2008, 05:33 AM
kool they sound lik ethe normal dam yabbies then there preatty kool they breed quickly but they would probly get eaten quickly as well lol

i noticed that u live in perth WA i got some family over there i go there every year to vist its nice there