PDA

View Full Version : how to heal my betta?

themuffinbandit
09-07-2008, 03:13 AM
so my betta just jumped out of her tank today. i guess i forgot to put the lid on it. that was my bad. anyways i went to take a shower and when i came out, she was on the floor of my carpet! she jumped out of the tank, onto my desk, then from the back of my desk to the carpet on the floor. =( she seems to be okay for now. i put her back in the tank and put on the lid. i added some stress coat, gave her some food, then turned off the lights in the room and tank so she coudl sleep. do u guys think she will be okay? some of her scales came off. and some of her fins are torn. but she was still swimming around. and if theres anything else i can do to help her recover, please let me know. my poor betta. =(

Kayla-Bug
09-07-2008, 03:31 AM
Did you add aquarium salt? Just watch her behavior and make sure she keeps eating. If she doesn't start acting weird then she should be fine. Just medicate her with that and then put some salt in there asap. Salt will probably help the most. And then just wait and see if it starts to help her. Good luck and hope she gets better!!

themuffinbandit
09-07-2008, 03:32 AM
oo right. okay thanks.

Kayla-Bug
09-07-2008, 04:19 AM
No problem :) hope she stays fine.

gm72
09-07-2008, 04:20 AM
Salt is actually medicinal in this case, so without an active infection there is no reason for such. Stress coat is far more effective. The addition of salt may actually increase stress, thereby making the healing process take far longer than does it need.