PDA

View Full Version : New betta tank!

greatXpectations
09-05-2008, 04:35 PM
If anyone has been keeping up with me then they know I traded in my tetras, and a few other fish from my planted 55. I decided to sell the tank to help finance my saltwater tank, so I moved my betta and his friends into a 10G last night...what do you think?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b16/greatxpectations/fishies/Betta10/P9054955-1.jpg

I am going to eventually upgrade the lighting for the plants, and it is being filtered via an Aqua Clear 70. No filtration problems here, lol

Kayla-Bug
09-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Omg I love it!!! I wish I could get my planted tanks as nicely placed as yours..

Kristin
09-05-2008, 08:40 PM
That looks great! What are the big green plants in the middle? I really like those....

troy
09-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Nice setup but the tank is extremely overstocked.

Kayla-Bug
09-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Nice setup but the tank is extremely overstocked.How many fish are in there? I don't think I was here when he posted that.

Red
09-05-2008, 11:05 PM
^its in the sig.
and nice looking tank but it is a bit overstocked

Kayla-Bug
09-05-2008, 11:25 PM
O yeh definitely. That pleco is going to really outgrow that tank!

greatXpectations
09-05-2008, 11:45 PM
im sure he will outgrow it eventually, and so will the raphael, but they are still very small. I'll trade em in when it comes time. For now, they all have their own spots to hang out, and there arent any quarrels...each one has it's own little purpose in the tank...Pretty neat to watch :)

I added some more plants from the big tank...ill get a pic up later this evening.

Kayla-Bug
09-05-2008, 11:49 PM
How big are they now? Still babies I'm guessing? And the tank would look even better if the little sign you have was really wood or something.. That would be cool.

greatXpectations
09-05-2008, 11:52 PM
yea, i got that little sign when i got my first tank...its been in three tanks now, lol

the raphael is maybe two inches long, and the pleco is about 3" the pleco hides on one end of the driftwood and the raphael on the other. they come out at night and play...

Kayla-Bug
09-06-2008, 12:06 AM
I am kinda in the same situation about the plecos though. I bought 2 and they are still babies.I got rid of one of them (the smallest) and kept the other. He is in my 20 long and is growing rapidly. I did have space for them when I bought them, but I ended up selling my big tank and now I have no room for this guy :(

greatXpectations
09-06-2008, 12:17 AM
well the nice things about bristlenose plecos is that they dont get AS big...around 4" or so...

Kayla-Bug
09-06-2008, 01:31 AM
Yea, the one I have gets monster like. He gets 2 ft long.

saurjusa
09-06-2008, 03:34 AM
Hi all,

I'm also about to complete what I had plan for my tank, it's a 15 gallon bowfront and has 2 peppered corys, 6 neon tetras and tomorrow I will add a Betta.

I'm still very new to this and haven't decided yet into live plants... maybe later, plus, somethings are very difficult to get were I live.

Do you think my tank will be understock at adult size? and if so what would you add?

Cheers,
JS

Kayla-Bug
09-06-2008, 03:53 AM
Live plants are great. If you get some like Water Sprite, Java Moss, Java Fern, etc. they are easy to take care of. You don't necessarily have to do the whole fertilization thing or C02. Most people don't. Heck I don't and my plants flourish!!! I'm not sure if your tank would be overstocked, but I as well plan on getting Neons for my community tank. I was told I could keep 10 tetras in there and it's a 20 long, so I think you would be in good shape with 6 in a 15.

If some things are difficult to get where you are, check the buy, sell, and trade sections of fish forums. People sell plants and stuff there all the time. I usually have some, but I sold most of mine off.

Good luck with your tank and I can't wait to see pictures of it!!!

greatXpectations
09-06-2008, 05:05 AM
Hi all,

I'm also about to complete what I had plan for my tank, it's a 15 gallon bowfront and has 2 peppered corys, 6 neon tetras and tomorrow I will add a Betta.

I'm still very new to this and haven't decided yet into live plants... maybe later, plus, somethings are very difficult to get were I live.

Do you think my tank will be understock at adult size? and if so what would you add?

Cheers,
JS

Check aquabid and ebay for plants. I use the seachem products (iron, excel, and flourish) for my plants and they are growing like crazy. many of the ones in my tank started as bulbs less than a month ago...

saurjusa
09-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks Kayla and GreatXpectations, I'll look into it!!

Kayla-Bug
09-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm telling you, live plants are really rewarding. They are very good for your fish and they are beautiful!! I really like the red varieties myself. A good mixture of reds and greens would look awesome!!!!

radiant sea snail
09-07-2008, 07:12 PM
www.bayleesfishies.com

www.aquariumplants.com

Live plants.