PDA

View Full Version : can i mix kribs with Rams

Ronnie
01-02-2006, 01:20 PM
:?: will kribs and rams get on together in a 4ft tank with little else in other than Bristlense plecs and golden barbs and 2 young silver sharks . I only wish to put a pair of each in this tank .

William
01-02-2006, 09:07 PM
That shouldn't be a problem as long as you make sure to decorate the aquarium with both fish species in mind i.e. providing both flat rocks and caves. You should also make sur that you create some natural territorial borders to make it asier for both pairs to have their own territories away from eachother even if there not in direct competition due to their different behaviour.

jocky120
01-06-2006, 07:55 PM
FOR THE CRIBS TO BREED ADD A FEW FLOWER POTS HALVE COVERED IN THE SUBTARATE AND AT 1 SIDE OF THE TANK AWAY FROM THE RAMS WHO LIKE PLANTED TANKS TO FEEL SAFE THAT SHOULD DO THE TRICK

William
01-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Kribs also do well in planted tanks so i suggest tht you plant the entire tank densely. (old kribs can sometimes hurt plants but it is usully not a prolem.) Flower pots as Jocky120 suggest are good but any other cave will do well to if you want to keep your aquarium looking more natural. Planting a plant or two near the entrence to the cave are often appriciated.