PDA

View Full Version : Recent Pics Of Purp

Kayla-Bug
09-05-2008, 12:33 AM
I know it has been a while since I have posted, so here is an updated pic of my betta, Purp!! he has blowed fins right now. Everytime I post this pic people are always like, I love how he looks with blowed fins!! I do not. I wish his fins were back the way they were! It makes him kinda look like a rosetail betta, which is bad...

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa110/kaylanblake/AquariumStuff011.jpg

Holyvision
09-05-2008, 12:44 AM
I'm sure he is only looking the way that he wants himself to look. :sbiggrin:

Kayla-Bug
09-05-2008, 01:35 AM
yea, but it's not healthy for him to do it, lol. If it doesn't heal up then he could get an infection, and that wouldn't be good!!

troy
09-05-2008, 01:42 AM
Cool betta!:19:

Kayla-Bug
09-05-2008, 03:16 AM
Thanks!!!!!!!!!

saurjusa
09-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Wow! It's very nice, I love it... Can't wait to see mine... It will be my doughter choosing it, but the one we used to have had the same colors as yours... it had a dark blue head, not red like yours!

Can you show a picture of your set-up?

Kayla-Bug
09-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks!! I really love him to death. He is my baby!! And I will have to take a pic of his new tank because I haven't taken any yet. I have to add more plants as well. Pics soon!!

saurjusa
09-06-2008, 10:33 PM
How do you manage to take such clear pictures, I've been trying to get one of mine and they aren't nearly as good as yours...

Kayla-Bug
09-07-2008, 01:55 AM
Well I finally gave in and bought a good camera. Got it on sale for $130 regular $200, and it's great. It is a Norcent xias 7 megapixel camera. It has the useful macro mode where you can get closer to objects without it fuzzing up. Then after you turn that on, you have to get it to focus so it is clear and then you use the zoom button and there ya go! The next camera you buy, see if it has a macro mode. They are very useful.

themuffinbandit
09-07-2008, 03:19 AM
what happened to your betta, it looks like it ripped its fins in a fight or had fin rot and is recovering? well either way gl with him. ill cross my fingers and hope his fins grow back. and hmmm. where can u get one of those types of cameras? target?

Kayla-Bug
09-07-2008, 03:29 AM
He has blowed fins. I was told probably due to the stress of me taking his plants out of his tank and how he was in such a large tank. I moved him and medicated him with some meds that I was told that are kick butt, so hopefully he will start healing up. And thanks! I got my camera at walmart. It's a good thing I got it too because I haven't seen them carry them anymore... :(

sandy_n
09-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Nice looking betta!

Kayla-Bug
09-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Thank you!

Gayle
09-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Well I finally gave in and bought a good camera. Got it on sale for $130 regular $200, and it's great. It is a Norcent xias 7 megapixel camera. It has the useful macro mode where you can get closer to objects without it fuzzing up. Then after you turn that on, you have to get it to focus so it is clear and then you use the zoom button and there ya go! The next camera you buy, see if it has a macro mode. They are very useful.

I never used my macro mode, I did not know what it was for. See I learn so much from you guys. TY:19:

That is a beautiful Betta!!!!

Kayla-Bug
09-10-2008, 08:55 PM
You learn something new everyday! I always heard about people talking about macro mode, so when I bought my new camera I made sure to get one with macro mode on it! And it sure does help a LOT! Now you should get some flawless photos!! And thanks!

Gayle
09-11-2008, 01:39 AM
You learn something new everyday! I always heard about people talking about macro mode, so when I bought my new camera I made sure to get one with macro mode on it! And it sure does help a LOT! Now you should get some flawless photos!! And thanks!

You rock! I have been trying to get a good pic of the fry for days, but it never turned out clear. Macro worked really good. You can actually see more than little spots!

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fishpictures/data/500/macro_works_fry.JPG

My babies :) They are 5 days old.

Kayla-Bug
09-11-2008, 01:49 AM
Awee good job!! The pics look great! And the babies are adorable!! What kind of fry are they?? :19:

Gayle
09-11-2008, 01:57 AM
Lavender Gouramis. TY!

Kayla-Bug
09-11-2008, 02:07 AM
Kewl!! I bet they will pretty when grown!!