PDA

View Full Version : Stocking 12g

kjr928
01-02-2007, 09:49 PM
I currently have a 12g with 2 adult platies, 1 baby platy & a snail.

Basically I would like to know what you guys think is the COOLEST fish I can put in there. I find I'm bored with a lot of the typical fish out there, but I know I can't go too wild because of my size restrictions.

THANKS!!!

jeffs99dime
01-02-2007, 11:11 PM
welcome to a.c. fellow jerseyite!

Incredulous_Ed
01-03-2007, 12:04 AM
You could probably keep an african dwarf frog in there. They need to be fed bloodworms instead of flake food.
Another cool one is the glass catfish. They're catfish, but they're transparent

Wallyfish
01-07-2007, 06:22 AM
I just recently stocked my 10gal so I considered the same fish that you have probably. Personally I would go for a small school of 5 fish and then maybe 1 guppy. I never get bored with all of the variety and color that guppies have to offer. For a school, I personally keep neon tetras and glo-fish and think both are very beautiful and active fish. You could go with a small group of guppies. Other options would be to try adding a female betta as a community fish. Bettas are cool however you always risk incompatability. You could try some gourami however people on this forum have commented on how theirs got territorial and mean. I'm not a big fan of mollies, swordtail, or even most platies however you could design a theme where your platies colors match or contrast with the fish that you're getting. For example, if you had mickey mouse platies, you could pick up some tequila sunrise guppies or Gold Dust Mollies and have a yellowish orange theme in your whole tank.