PDA

View Full Version : Got a new delta tail male

tort518
09-04-2008, 02:31 PM
I stopped by an out of the way fish store on the way home from work yesterday evening. I had been popping in there every couple weeks ever since accidentally discovering it while dodging tied up traffic on a main highway. Having asked them to try and get half-moons in and not heard back I decided to pay a visit.

Turns out they had not been able to get their hands on half-moons, but had gotten in some new deltas. Lo-and-behold they had one that caught my eye, a beautiful blue and white male.

The blue is close to the blue of the 3 musketeers tabards and the white is a crisp crescent along the far edge of the tail, and bottom of the lower fins.

I hope to have some pics to post of d'Artagnan by the weekend.

I was hesitant at first to add him to the community tank. I do already have a 5 gallon in which I'm growing java moss and some anacharis that I was thinking of making his home. In the end I decided to give him a try in the 30 gallon with the rest of the gang.

So far he's doing fine and hasn't shown any sign of aggression toward the other fish. The size of the tank, fact that it is decently planted, and has other hiding places likely contribute to his currently calm demeaner. Of course it is still under 24 hours, so time will tell.

His bright blue offsets the nice rich gold of the minnows (golden white clouds) and the browns/greens, etc of the substrate/plants/driftwood.
The black background really helps the colors of all my fish pop. Can you tell I'm very happy with my tank? :19:

Jim

Kayla-Bug
09-04-2008, 05:48 PM
He sounds like a butterfly betta to me! Good job! That is where I found my Purp. Out of all places to find such beauties!! PICS PICS!!

tort518
09-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Hey Kayl-bug,

He kind of looks like the one in your avatar with blue instead of purple and the white cresent is much narrower, but well defined.

Thanks!

Jim

Kayla-Bug
09-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Then that would be a butterfly!! Must have been a great find. Any betta who has the white around the edges of the fins are considered butterfly. Like Purp, he is a lavender butterfly super delta. Can't wait to see him!!