PDA

View Full Version : Splitting

squirt_12
09-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Roughly two months ago my original green hairy mushroom had split into 3 different mushrooms. Two of them did fine but one wasn't looking so great so I removed it from the rock (where I removed the mushroom there is now another little mushroom growing). Between the two mushrooms, in which survived the original splitting, one of them is beginning to split again. The one splitting is about the size of a Canadian Loonie - Toonie. Is this a good sign that they are splitting alot?? Or a bad sign? What should I do? I now have three mushrooms and when this one is done splitting I will have four.

spudbuds
09-04-2008, 05:44 AM
It's what mushrooms do. :sbiggrin: Soon you'll have them coming out of your ears. It's nothing to worry about and a sign they are getting what they need.

- Bill

squirt_12
09-04-2008, 07:13 PM
I wasn't sure if that was a good sign that they are doing it constantly cause they aren't even very big for Green Hairy Mushrooms. Thanks spudbuds! The more of them the better....or well I think so.

Coralife
09-16-2008, 12:40 AM
It's fine that they are splitting rapidly, some will split at different sizes and at different times. Generally split is a sign that something in the aquarium is right.

Jake
http://www.CoralifeSuperSkimmer.com