PDA

View Full Version : Sharings caring until Angus came along

Gemini
09-02-2008, 03:57 AM
Had to share these two pics!!! I put some fresh algae covered rocks in the shrimp tank on Sunday. All were sharing happily until Angus came along. My staff named him Angus and he is the biggest shrimp. He likes to rule the tank...

PUNISHER VETTE
09-02-2008, 04:21 AM
do you make your own algae rocks? I need to find a way to feed my shrimp other then wafers...and cucumbers

Gemini
09-02-2008, 05:48 AM
I do make my own but completely unintentionally! In my 2FT tank I have some bigger rocks, and the light is quite strong. SO I find that I jsut need to swap rocks in and out. I put them in the 2FT, wait for algae to grow, then put them in the shrimp tank. Once the shrimp have cleaned it they go back into the 2FT tank to grow more.
I think Dave66 did a primer too...
Edit - I also put the algae that grows really thick on the lids into the tank. I just scrape it with a razor and pop it in. They flock to it!!

Fishalicious
09-02-2008, 06:54 AM
Angus the Conqueror is his new name :hmm3grin2orange: Nice piccies :11:

TRDNiteLife
09-02-2008, 01:26 PM
do you make your own algae rocks? I need to find a way to feed my shrimp other then wafers...and cucumbers

I put some water in a clear tupperware container, add dechlorinator, add rocks and place outside in the sun. Algae starts to grow pretty quickly depending on the sunlight.