PDA

View Full Version : jaguar cichlid

danthefishman
01-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Is it possable to keep a jack dempsey or a red devil with a jaguar as they can all stand up for them selves. Once boundries had been formed would they co exist?

Fishguy2727
01-01-2007, 04:09 PM
I think the best chance is if you get them all when small, about 2". That way they all grow up together and are used to eachother. Even then one could get more aggressive or grow a lot faster. The other thing is tank size. Jacks are hitting about 10", red devils about a foot, and a big male jag can max out at (depending on your source of info) anywhere from 15" to 2'. It really comes down to the individuals.

jman
01-02-2007, 04:33 AM
i think it depends on the fish--
you know lots of people say that this fish is aggressive and that fish isn't but i know some people have witness some fish that just weren't as aggressive as they are described because they just aren't like others. -you know?

jeffs99dime
01-02-2007, 04:36 AM
it does depend on the fish. they're all different! good call jman

jman
01-02-2007, 04:39 AM
glad i am not the only one realizing it-it seems as if one person says one thing about the tude of a fish it goes for all of them and it is just simply not true

i just encourage a regular check on 2 fish like these because 1 might change his mind and become friends like my green terror and ram

jeffs99dime
01-02-2007, 04:44 AM
glad i am not the only one realizing it-it seems as if one person says one thing about the tude of a fish it goes for all of them and it is just simply not true

i just encourage a regular check on 2 fish like these because 1 might change his mind and become friends like my green terror and ram

yeah. and then who knows, maybe in two weeks your ram and g.t. will be enemies. ALL fish are unpredictable

jman
01-02-2007, 04:47 AM
yeah. and then who knows, maybe in two weeks your ram and g.t. will be enemies. ALL fish are unpredictable

they seem to LOVE one another LOL... he looks like he's trying to mate everytime he see's her
i gotta get the other 2, i didn't get them because they had new ones in the same tank and the store was checking for illnesses so i was waiting for a couple of days. i'll let you know what happen Jeff.

jeffs99dime
01-02-2007, 04:54 AM
they seem to LOVE one another LOL... he looks like he's trying to mate everytime he see's her
i gotta get the other 2, i didn't get them because they had new ones in the same tank and the store was checking for illnesses so i was waiting for a couple of days. i'll let you know what happen Jeff.

cool. i was trying to say that even if your fish seem docile one minute, the next minute they may not be. this wasn't directed at you, i was putting it out there for all. --jeff --definitely let me know what happens

jman
01-02-2007, 04:58 AM
oh i know! lol i was saying i'll let you know what happens with the new fish i get forgot to put the cocatoo pair and some others i posted on here somewhere.

jeffs99dime
01-02-2007, 05:01 AM
damn computers!!! lol
i can never say what i want the way i want to express it on this thing. we have all this technology right? well, how come the computer can't display emotion? lol

jman
01-02-2007, 05:03 AM
lol why don't you contact Bill gates he's got emotion roomz

he said forget the computer!LOL

jeffs99dime
01-02-2007, 05:05 AM
lololol. bill gates-- now that's a tool! lol

danthefishman
01-02-2007, 08:17 AM
Im glad u think that theres a chance because there is so many books and sites that contradict each other. my jag is only about 7cm and im looking to make a new aqarium thats about 150 - 180 gal so there should be plenty of room.

Juannie
01-08-2007, 05:13 AM
Good luck, I purchased my oscar, jag and synspilum together about 1 yr ago. They lived happily until they started getting a bit bigger. First my synspilum started having ago at the other 2 when she was laying eggs, then she had to be removed as she got popeye from a cut from slate. About a month later the jag started attacking my bigger oscar for no reason. The synspilum and oscar now live together and the jag is in a separate tank. I've been told I shouldn't be keeping these two breeds together but they're quite happy. They have a little mouth wrestle every now and then but there's never any injury. I've also been told not to keep gourami's together with bala sharks and so on - I've never had any problems.

Hope it all works out - it's definitely trial and error (& a bit of research). Like us they've all got personalities & like us girls they can all have PMS at some stage too.:ezpi_wink1:

danthefishman
01-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Cheers, i have purchased three baby marble tiger oscars and i already have a baby jag and they are in my growing on tank at the mo and all is well. Will keep you posted though!
thumbs2:

Severus
01-08-2007, 10:12 PM
danthefishman- That isnt going to last very long. But good luck and keep us updated

danthefishman
01-10-2007, 06:41 PM
The optomist, theres no harm in trying.

fen
01-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Is it possable to keep a jack dempsey or a red devil with a jaguar as they can all stand up for them selves. Once boundries had been formed would they co exist?
mate the more same sized cichlids you have is the best way to make them interact and not fight, plus havin a few little hidy holes always helps

fen
01-18-2007, 09:27 AM
mate the more same sized cichlids you have is the best way to make them interact and not fight, plus havin a few little hidy holes always helps
i live in australia and own my own aquarium so believ me in saying that will all our large cichlids they are best kept in numbers

danthefishman
01-30-2007, 05:35 PM
well i hope the more evenly matched they are the better it should be.