PDA

View Full Version : Lake monster caught on film in sweden

William
08-29-2008, 04:47 AM
Well What do you know. I ended up posting one more news post today after all.
Lake monster found in Sweden??

(http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/../news/lib/93)Donīt really know what to say about it or that video but thought it was interesting enough to post even if I isnīt convinced.

cocoa_pleco
08-29-2008, 05:00 AM
looks real! i hope its real, would be cool to get a good image of it

Lady Hobbs
08-29-2008, 05:37 AM
Interesting. Wish they'd have shown more of it without the red square in the middle of it but it looked real. Could be some boat dragging something and making a dupe but who knows.

tanks4thememories
08-29-2008, 05:37 AM

(http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/../news/lib/93)Donīt really know what to say about it or that video but thought it was interesting enough to post even if I isnīt convinced.

I want one...lol What sized tank do you think I would need...hehehehe:hmm3grin2orange:

William
08-29-2008, 07:16 AM
looks real! i hope its real, would be cool to get a good image of it

It def looks more realy than any other videos I have seen thats or sure but....

Fishalicious
08-29-2008, 07:59 AM
Looks like the Loch Ness Monster finally got fed up with all the tourists in Scotland ....

angelcakes
08-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Looks like the Loch Ness Monster finally got fed up with all the tourists in Scotland ....
you beat me to it:hmm3grin2orange:

good video shows what weird and wonderful species are still in the seas,can we borrow your team of experts to see if nessie is fact or fiction?:14:

ladyoutlaw50
08-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Very interesting to say the least -- still a bit skeptical tho!!

DragonGoby
08-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Er... I don't understand the image in the video... what are we seeing? It's blurry and green... How can it be "better" than other video?
Still, why not? After all, if it's real it's not a monster, it's a new species to add and study!
Hope it's a real thing!:19:

William
08-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Even the monster would be anew species to study wouldn´t it ;-)

smaug
08-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Thats a water snake,no doubt about it.There is nothing in the video to get a sence of scale except for the look of the water itself.If it were a big creature it would be a clearer, and far less green.

William
08-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Even if it is a water snake it is big news because sweden has no known water snakes. An alternative is one of the 2 land dwelling species of snake found here but the head isn´t right for any of those. An escaped pet snake??

Seems strange to argue on this side of things as I don´t think it a "lake monster either" even if I would love if it were.

tanks4thememories
08-29-2008, 06:53 PM

We have places in much of our oceans and lakes that we have not been. So I don't think its impossible but I will wait until they have some real pics.

Here is an example of some of the ones we do know about so imagine what is down there that we DON'T know about..lol:
http://www.who-sucks.com/animals/real-life-sea-monsters-24-bizarre-creatures-of-the-deep

tanks4thememories
08-29-2008, 07:15 PM
We have places in much of our oceans and lakes that we have not been. So I don't think its impossible but I will wait until they have some real pics.

Here is an example of some of the ones we do know about so imagine what is down there that we DON'T know about..lol:
http://www.who-sucks.com/animals/real-life-sea-monsters-24-bizarre-creatures-of-the-deep

according to recent census:

"Some 95% of the ocean is still unexplored biologically."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3210544.stm

William
08-29-2008, 08:05 PM
It is true that we know very little about our oceans but I think it seems much more likely a undiscovered sea monster would live in the oceans of the world, not in a lake in a populted area. But who knows...

William
08-30-2008, 02:01 AM
Er... I don't understand the image in the video... what are we seeing? It's blurry and green... How can it be "better" than other video?
Still, why not? After all, if it's real it's not a monster, it's a new species to add and study!
Hope it's a real thing!:19:

I agree it s not good. The reason it is better is that you can see something on the video that clearly seem alive. Most videos of supposed sea monster etc look like nothig more than a wave or a piece of wood floating in the water. Atleast in tht video can distinguish a snake like animal.

Sorry that I dinīt answer your post earlier.

SkinnyChicken
08-30-2008, 02:21 AM
I wonder what size tank we'll need for them when the LFS starts stocking them ?

labnjab
08-30-2008, 03:35 AM
If it showed up on heat, then wouldn't it be some kind of mammal, cause fish or reptiles are cold blooded and would be the same temp of the water and not show up on infared (maybe I'm wrong). Either way it would be interesting to catch a better picture of it once they get more cameras up. I'm sure theres many monsters out there yet to be seen or discovered.

William
08-30-2008, 03:38 AM
I believe the motion of the animal could generate a little heat. But I might be wrong.

tanks4thememories
08-30-2008, 07:28 AM
If it showed up on heat, then wouldn't it be some kind of mammal, cause fish or reptiles are cold blooded and would be the same temp of the water and not show up on infared (maybe I'm wrong). Either way it would be interesting to catch a better picture of it once they get more cameras up. I'm sure theres many monsters out there yet to be seen or discovered.

Good Point!! Not sure how that works for CB animals.

DragonGoby
09-02-2008, 12:45 PM
i mean, a monster is something you can't identify or something out of nature, IMHO... Like a two headed goat or something like that... So if it's real, it's not out of nature...
And I really hope it's real, because it'll be fun to know that "sea/lake monsters" are still alive!!!:hmm3grin2orange: