PDA

View Full Version : Do you think my Anubias is healthy?

Wheelman
08-29-2008, 02:15 AM
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/jlorello3000/DSC00277.jpg

I am trying to learn about nutrient deficiencies. What do you think? I know typically plants do not look 100% pristine in the real world. I'm not sure if this is normal, algae, or a nutrient deficiency.

ILuvMyGoldBarb
08-29-2008, 02:22 AM
Looks to me like Green Spot algae. You probably don't have them under enough shade if you have that all over the leaves. Try to shade it a bit more with some taller plants. Anubias are slow growers and thus prone to get algae on their leaves like that in a tank with medium to high light if they are not provided sufficient shade.

TorqueWorks
08-29-2008, 02:22 AM
Is that the only plant looking like that?

country_boy454
08-29-2008, 02:24 AM
Looks to me like Green Spot algae. You probably don't have them under enough shade if you have that all over the leaves. Try to shade it a bit more with some taller plants. Anubias are slow growers and thus prone to get algae on their leaves like that in a tank with medium to high light if they are not provided sufficient shade.

I agree. My anubias leaves that are in the direct light have some green algae growing on them but the other ones that are hidden in the shade do not have the algae spotting.

Wheelman
08-29-2008, 03:04 AM
Is that the only plant looking like that?

yes, but it is my only anubias nana.

Actually, now that you mention green spot algae caused by high light, lake a look at the left leaf and how there is no algae in the "shaded" portion.

Looks Like I will have to get it out of the direct light...