PDA

View Full Version : Fancy fish with bobble head&not swimming

flits
12-31-2006, 12:09 AM
Hi
New to this and trying to find out what's wrong with my fish. It's about 5 years old now and lives in a tank, used to be with another goldfish, but he was evil so we put him in the pond! My fish has always swam on the bottom and even treated for swim bladder but nothing happened. She is swimming on the bottom and can't get up. She will lay on her back and stay there. You have to feed her by hand or she won't eat. I used to catch the other fish pushing her against the tank with his head, so don't know if this caused some damage. Now she has some like hard bumps as an extension from her head.
I feel so sorry for her and I just dont know what to do anymore.

jeffs99dime
12-31-2006, 12:12 AM
welcome to a.c.

Incredulous_Ed
01-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Sorry to say this, but I think your goldfish might be at the end of its life. This same thing happened to my old goldfish. If you can, move the fish to a quarantine tank and be sure to changed about 20 % of the water every day. If the fish doesn't eat then don't give it alot of food.

Lady Hobbs
01-01-2007, 06:46 PM
Welcome to AC.

I can't comment on what could be wrong with your fish. Sometimes it's just time for Mother Nature to take it's course. You mentioned it's 5 years old. That isn't too bad for a fish to live that long. I doubt there's anything you can do for it. Sorry.

Drumachine09
01-01-2007, 07:19 PM
It sounds like it might be curtains for your fish. That stinks