PDA

View Full Version : Woot Woot I Got Cherrys!

Gemini
08-25-2008, 06:14 AM
After a lot of searching (and I do mean A LOT) I finally got my cherry shrimp - and I didn't pay through the nose for them!!!
I was at a LFS, buying humpy (steatocranus_casuarius) and I was just about to pay when I noticed a wine glass with java moss by the register. On a closer look I went OMGOMGOMG Cherry SHrimp (in my head;))!!!
So very nonchalantly I asked how much for the glass of shrimp. The guy goes oh $20? I knew there was at least one large female, 8 or so smaller ones, and upteen million little white babies!!! So I got over 9 decent sized, and heaps of babies for only $20!!! Now if you haven't read my other threads on cherry shrimp - I was ready to pay $120 for 15 of them!!!
Apparently this guy breeds crystal red shrimp now and just had a few cherry shrimp to get rid of.
So now my 6G has become home to my cherry shrimp. They love it!!!!!! I sit for hours watching them.
So here's a pic of them enjoying their new bit of driftwood.
For those in Bris - give me a month or so and I"ll have some for sale!!!!

angelcakes
08-25-2008, 08:20 AM
nice cherries congrats:19: :19:

TRDNiteLife
08-26-2008, 01:59 AM
Congrats. The babies grow fast.

Red
08-26-2008, 02:06 AM
wooo great buy!

PUNISHER VETTE
08-26-2008, 02:36 AM

i took a bunch of mine today. didn't feel like making my own thread. enjoy.

Gemini
08-26-2008, 04:33 AM
Nice cherries punisher - now how did you get such good pics?? Yours pose for you dont' they ;)

PUNISHER VETTE
08-26-2008, 05:19 AM
Nice cherries punisher - now how did you get such good pics?? Yours pose for you dont' they ;)

that one was eating right next to the glass so i rushed to get my camera.

Only problem is i took 20 photos but even with the macro function on the thing was still too close to get a great shot.

I need to invest in a nice SLR camera and macro lens.

Gemini
08-26-2008, 05:49 AM
that one was eating right next to the glass so i rushed to get my camera.

Only problem is i took 20 photos but even with the macro function on the thing was still too close to get a great shot.

I need to invest in a nice SLR camera and macro lens.
Haha it's good to know I'm not the only one waiting for them to be near the glass, and even with macro i can't get a great shot either!!!

troy
08-26-2008, 11:19 PM
Congratulations!

Tolley
08-26-2008, 11:23 PM
well done i know the feeling when you finally get cherry shrimp!!

W_Oz
08-27-2008, 07:50 AM
Killer, I wish I'd get deals like that lol

Gemini
08-28-2008, 12:10 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm really excited about finally getting them! My partner can't believe anyone would buy them as they are so little, but I get such a kick out of watching them play in the moss and their little feet feeding!!!:1luvu:
The other cool thing for me is that I never ask for discounts or ask things like how much for these normally. But I have been trying to just ask and see how I go. So far I've gotten the cherries and saved about $20 on some rocks I wanted. It pays to get the courage and just ask!!