PDA

View Full Version : Snails on floating plants and duckweed...

PUNISHER VETTE
08-23-2008, 05:12 PM
First is duckweed bad? I think i have it starting to pop up in my tank and don't know if i should be worried and see about getting it all out.
I didn't put it there but it must have come on something.

Second i have snails on my Frogbit. I had snails before IN my tank but it looks like these don't actually go under water...
Should i be worried about these and is there a way to get rid of them other then squishing them?

I'll post a picture of my 30g frogbit as it's just amazing how well it's doing. The stuff in my 110g is coming back and i'm hoping in a few weeks will be back to normal.

troy
08-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Duckweed can be bad, because it can quickly cover the surface of your tank, blocking light to other plants. Just keep it under control. I'm not sure about the snails though.

toddnbecka
08-24-2008, 05:26 AM
I see small aquatic snails climbing all over my floating hornwort, both in and out of the water.
Duckweed, I net 95% of it out of the tank every so often and post it for the cost of shipping. Goldfish love it, so do many cichlids.

PUNISHER VETTE
08-24-2008, 06:14 AM
Pictures didn't come out too well. It just doesn't do the plants justice with how long the roots have come and how thick it's grown in in just the past few weeks.

I'll definitly have to start thinning the numbers before too long.
The snails although they look just like the ones i used to have IN the tank these have a lot darker color to them and almost black speckles...

I still don't like them but didn't know if they were eating my plants or not.