PDA

View Full Version : Pruned inactive members.

William
08-21-2008, 07:37 PM
I have pruned accounts that are more than 3 month and belong to members who never posted on our forums. This is to remove spammer accounts and accounts belonging to people just passing by. If you have an account that has been deleted I am sorry for the inconvenience and would like to invite you to rejoin the forum.

Why not take this opportunity to become an active part of the community?

Tolley
08-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks for that William it sure makes cruising the members list better. there 165 pages as opposed to the previous 600 odd.

Might also free up some usernames that people might want but cannot have because an inactive member has it.

TowBoater
08-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Thanks for that William it sure makes cruising the members list better. there 165 pages as opposed to the previous 600 odd.

Might also free up some usernames that people might want but cannot have because an inactive member has it.

Ditto to that! Thanks William!

Mvjnz
08-22-2008, 01:19 AM
That's funny, in another forum I'm a member of it was suggested to get rid of inactive members because there were some who hadn't logged in for the last 3 or 4 years, but the moderators were all saying it's too difficult, take too much time, not worth it etc

So it's refreshing to see that it was done here:)

cocoa_pleco
08-22-2008, 01:33 AM
awesome!!

now how about giving me all of the rich inactive memers points? MUAHAHAHA!

Lady Hobbs
08-22-2008, 01:35 AM
That's funny, in another forum I'm a member of it was suggested to get rid of inactive members because there were some who hadn't logged in for the last 3 or 4 years, but the moderators were all saying it's too difficult, take too much time, not worth it etc

So it's refreshing to see that it was done here:)

Doing them mannually one at a time would be but Administators can get into the members list and deleted them all at once.

tanks4thememories
08-22-2008, 03:00 AM
I have pruned accounts that are more than 3 month and belong to members who never posted on our forums. This is to remove spammer accounts and accounts belonging to people just passing by. If you have an account that has been deleted I am sorry for the inconvenience and would like to invite you to rejoin the forum.

Why not take this opportunity to become an active part of the community?

good job!!!:19:

dean30bb
08-22-2008, 05:34 AM
:c1: great thanks for that good job:c1:

Boertjie
08-22-2008, 06:13 AM
Very good idea!! At least then we know the members on the list are all active.
Will this be done on a monthly basis?

angelcakes
08-22-2008, 08:07 AM
thanks william
and tolley you ahve a good point!!!!:19:

William
08-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Very good idea!! At least then we know the members on the list are all active.
Will this be done on a monthly basis?

Likely not a monthly occurence. More likely a quaterly or a random occurence happening ever so often :c3:

Lady Hobbs
08-22-2008, 12:22 PM
If the software would automatically delete those that do not post in 6-8 months, it would always be updated and no lists to go thru at all. Those 165 pages could still be narrowed down to about half that if inactive people were no longer here.

William
08-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Not possible. I need to manually tell the software to do it each time it is done.